UC Santa Cruz Class of 2027 Official Thread

We got that message too. What’s the point? They aren’t committing to a specific day. So annoying. Why is it it so hard?

UCSC does consider alternate majors but not all UC’s will especially UCLA.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, UCSC was my son’s top choice last year and he was waitlisted and lost his appeal. He’s loving Berkeley though! The system makes no sense. Be prepared for surprises!

6 Likes

UW decision day yesterday brought down the servers. Maybe they are trying to prevent that?

Insightful data on admission funnel at UCSC - Admissions Funnel

3 Likes

Has anyone heard back from the BA Bio major applications? Due to tour next week.

My understanding is more decisions will be out by March 20.

Thanks. But I’ve heard that some majors have already been realeased this Friday. So it seems they are releasing by major?

I have only seen the 1st wave admits on February 27th. I have not seen any admits since that date.

1 Like

Agree. We know dozens and dozens of applicants from daughter’s large HS class. Nobody has heard anything between 2/27 and today.

3 Likes

My DS23 was accepted via a mailed letter received on 3/11. This is his first notification as he did not receive an email on 2/27.
Computer Science, in-state, 4.0 UW / 4.68 W, coding club president, USACO, hackathons, 12 APs

3 Likes

And the portal was not checked for a decision on 2/27? UC’s will post decisions on the portal first then send an email later however, many times the email is not received or ends up in the Junk folder which may get deleted.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thanks! The portal wasn’t checked on 2/27 so it is possible he was admitted then and the email was not sent or somehow deleted.

3 Likes

Correct since no decisions have been posted since 2/27 so assuming an acceptance on the portal that day.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted on 2/27 on the portal and then also got the mailed letter on 3/11.

1 Like

Maybe this belongs in the astrology section! But even though my kid has not been accepted she managed to register for banana slug day via the portal

https://admissions.ucsc.edu/banana-slug-day

Same, no previous notice of acceptance however D is also able to register for banana slug day via the portal.

What we need is a negative example somebody who cannot register!

4 Likes

Congrats! We got the snail mail envelope yesterday too (portal decision from 2/27). It’s very cute. We already registered for Banana Slug Day :grinning:

Fr just cuz you can register doesn’t mean anything, for example I was able to register for Aggie day in the UC Davis portal a couple hours before the decisions were out, yet I got rejected.

2 Likes