UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Yes, you will just lose the deposit that you send in when you accept the other school.

S22 Accepted (email 3/15 at 1:04p, last name post-O)
Physics
UC Unweighted GPA: 3.96
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.22
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.22
ELC
In-state, not local

4 Likes

Was anyone rejected today? Sorry to ask, but curious if only accepted / waitlist were sent out today?

1 Like

If you completed the required classes for that major, are you guaranteed into that proposed major? Or are you applying like you would to college again? Don’t want to go through this again! Lol.

Yes, assuming you complete the prerequisites as needed. It’s generally a formality and is fully under the student’s control.

3 Likes

My daughter accepted!
Last name starts with Y
Computer Science - Computer Game Design
W UC GPA: 4.27
Poway school district, San Diego, CA

Waitlisted: UCD for CSE
Accepted: CSU Long Beach and UCR - both for CS
Still waiting: all other UCs and USC

6 Likes

There is no secondary admission like for some schools and majors as long as you meet the GPA and course requirements. Once you meet the requirements, you fill out the major declaration form and you are done.

3 Likes

Waitlisted
Computer Science/Game Design
W UC GPA 4.4
SoCal

2 Likes

what UCSCUW said :slight_smile:

For anyone not familiar, @advitha 's daughter was admitted to MIT and CalTech. so being waitlisted at UCSC or UCD etc does not mean you are not getting in to other great schools or going to do great things. Congrats again @advitha!

And congrats to all who are admitted to UCSC and good luck to all waitlisted!! :partying_face:

13 Likes

Got waitlisted for TIM

3.9 wgpa

Did anyone get accepted to TIM?

1 Like

Has everyone who has been accepted or waitlisted received an email? All around 1 pst or are the emails rolling out?

1 Like

I got my waitlist email at 2:04 PM PST

5 Likes

Waitlisted
Undeclared Physical Science and Math
UC Unweighted GPA: 3.96
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.35
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.40
Bay Area
Accepted: Davis, Cal Poly SLO, SDSU, Santa Clara, University of San Diego

2 Likes

My kid’s top choice too, and a really good fit. They have other good choices (including SDSU) but the campus really spoke to them. Trying to balance between keep hope alive/it’s time to start moving on.

2 Likes

Daughter admitted for Computer Science. Not sure when she got the email

In-state
UW: 3.95
UC Weighted Capped: 4.28
UC Weighted Uncapped: 4.64

(I calculated the GPA’s so not sure I did it correctly)

7 Likes

Awesome @chrisntine She deserves it. More and more to come. And thanks to those wonderful wishes.

2 Likes

Same here. My daughter really fell in love with the campus. So sad. :disappointed:

Waitlisted for political science.
In state
3.97 UW, 4.34 W. 6 APs.
Lots of extracurriculars, leadership, work etc.
In at UC Riverside, UC Davis, SDSU, and other public and private colleges.
Santa Cruz was her favorite. She loved the campus, the vibe. She really saw herself there.

2 Likes

Waitlisted
Computer Science/Game Design
W UC GPA 3.5
NorCal

1 Like