UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

initial admits are high stat applicants.
Am I right?

I believe so.

Then it should take 10 mins to load up the server.

We could see some results after 3.30 PM today. Here is to hoping!

2 Likes

what makes you think it will be after 3:30? Is that when they usually send it out?

That is my question, as well. Do they ever send during the school day? Do they ever send on Fridays?

They use to release on one day over several hours based on Last name, However, they have been releasing decisions in waves the last few years. All you can do is wait and see if they notify applicants how they plan to proceed this year. (Gumbymom’s post from last year)

Also last year the first admitted CC post was at 12:55 PM on Feb 22nd. He just checked portal and no email from UCSC

5 Likes

Something to read while we wait.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/california/article/Record-surge-in-University-of-California-16945012.php

3 Likes

So on the financial aid webinair on this past Wednesday, one of their replies to a question about timing of admit decisions and financial aid decisions said this: “Notifications for UC Fall 2022 admissions begin March 1st and admissions decisions completed for fall 2022 May 1st.”

Still hoping they start rolling them out today, though :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Yay, my portal just updated with “Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you admission…”

Major: Biology
UC Capped GPA: 4.24
in-sate: Nor Cal

15 Likes

Daughter just admitted! Check your portal!

10 Likes

I just got in for global economics!!

12 Likes

My son got in.

Major: Biochem
UC Capped GPA: 4.17

in-sate: Nor Cal

10 Likes

Congrats!!! Are you in state or OOS?

4 Likes

No, in state. Central Cal. Her major is Music. Thanks!

5 Likes

DS got in for Mathematics. OOS, Cal GPA 4.2

8 Likes

Just got in too! 4.65 UC uncapped and 4.28 capped!

11 Likes

I have someone on my team that went to UCSC for biology and loved it! I am so hopeful for my daughter. After years of paying in state CA taxes we were transferred in the military so now my D22 has to apply as OOS. Holding my breath…

4 Likes

My S got in…OOS,CS major

10 Likes

My son got in too !! In-state , CS

10 Likes