UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

I actually find this thread hopeful…read the comment that quotes the email from the housing office. States priority students will receive housing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UCSC/comments/utc2ij/housing_advice/i998hhm/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3

Freshman are considered priority on the housing FAQ page :sweat_smile:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UCSC/comments/utl897/ucsc_housing_apology_video/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

1 Like

This is crazy…offers on May 5th? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I feel like that might be an “Eligible in the Local Context” situation

2 Likes

The original poster is an International applicant. Both UC campuses have made offers to International applicants in the past that did not get into their choice UC if they did not meet their International enrollment target.

3 Likes

Oh! Got it! For International student. Thank you!

2 Likes

There was a student on Reddit who got offers from UCM, UCR and UCSC in April. An out of state senior from Arizona. He was asked to submit an interest form by April 28th. He subsequently applied to UCSC and has been accepted. UCs love those out of state supplement dollars!

2 Likes

My daughter declined her UCR Honors College admission because after visiting the campus she immediately knew it wasn’t the right fit for her. We knew it was a gamble to wait for the UCSD, UCSB, and UCSC waitlists, but she knew she wouldn’t be happy in Riverside.
I never imagined there were so many additional factors to consider, but at least I know she will thrive in any of the schools she SIR’d to or is WL.

I just keep reminding myself that’s what’s most important during this crazy process! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

another week of waiting…

3 Likes

But only one more week of this because my son has decided if he doesn’t hear by the housing deadline he will just stick with the school he already committed to

6 Likes

Looks like UCSD has started closing off their waitlist. Many were rejected today. If UCSC was waiting for waitlists to start slowing down maybe this will urge UCSC to start moving their waitlist (if they have space)?

Has anyone heard if other UC waitlists are still moving (as of recently)? UCD, UCI, UCSB, UCLA, etc.

1 Like

Nothing recently for UCI, UCD or UCSB. A trickle of OOS/International admits for UCLA but still a small number of admits in comparison to the # waitlisted.

1 Like

Anyone hear anything yet?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no.

Another day of waiting

4 Likes

Day turns into month next week. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I was really hoping to find out before graduation. :cry:

4 Likes

Us too, to decorate her cap for graduation :woman_student:t2: with her final commitment

1 Like

Let’s hope for Friday…the waiting is brutal :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Then we can all squeak in before the housing deadline!

2 Likes

Just a little grapevine info on the housing situation. My daughter works with someone who was accepted as a freshman and SIR’d - she currently does not have a housing assignment. However, I don’t know any details as to why. Regardless, this has caused our daughter to lean heavily toward the Cal State school she committed to, even if she were to come off the waitlist. Just heart-breaking that housing (or lack thereof) will likely be the ultimate deciding factor.

2 Likes