UC Santa Cruz vs UC Santa Barbara

<p>I just got into both Santa Cruz and Santa Barbara! What a great problem to have right! I just wanted to hear from people who are or were in the same boat as me and what your thought process was like and what will seal or what sealed the deal for you in making your decision to attend one of theses schools or some other school. Thanks for sharing :)</p>

<p>Santa Barbara definitely. Better academically, better party life, and better girls (or guys?). The only way Santa Cruz is better is that the campus is nicer. But then again, that is subjective isn’t it? Well so is saying the party life and people are more attractive… I’d go with UCSB.
My suggestion: visit both and see which one you think you’ll enjoy more! Good luck with your decision!</p>

<p>We visited both and my daughter crossed UCSB off her list afterward. Didn’t think the campus was that nice other than the view, underwhelmed by the student guides. Accepted to UCSC with undergraduate dean’s scholarship, thrilled as she loved campus and seriously thinking of attending.</p>

<p>Idk but for me I feel like I like Santa Cruz more because of the campus and learning environment
SB parties too much</p>

<p>@chainiwatmj ~Yeah, thats how I feel. I looked around and just felt Santa Cruz was a better fit based on the atmosphere and setting for me (not that I would not love UCSB’s beaches). I also really like UCSC’s college system. UCSC it is I guess :slight_smile: Thanks for the insights guys!!</p>