UC Schools & HS extra points

<p>At my high school, 10 points are added for every AP course so basically a letter grade. I would like to know if UC includes these points as part of the GPA calculation as this would make a considerable difference.</p>

<p>no. your real GPA calculation doesn’t start until you begin your first quarter on whatever campus you attend. your high school GPA gets you in, but once on campus, high school is a thing of the past…</p>

<p>those points do help with class registration time and class standing (you may enter with ‘sophomore’ rather than ‘freshman’ standing for example, and receive a more preferable registration time).</p>

<p>If you mean does the UC count the higher GPA toward admission, you need to calculate your UC GPA…basically they allow 8 semesters of weighted courses.</p>

<p>I mean that getting a 98 with the 10 pts added by the high school for an AP class vs 88 without having the points added. Which score will the UC school use?</p>

<p>They will use the higher score for 8 semesters of UC approved honors courses. But only 8 semesters. If you go to this webpage, you can find out which courses are approved for the extra points at your high school:
<a href=“A-G Policy Resource Guide”>A-G Policy Resource Guide;

<p>ohhh…you were talkin about UCgpa!! of course, of course. boy, was i off! LOL</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That is true only to calculate admissions eligibility. For admissions, the app reader will see all of the gpa’s: uw, weighted-capped, and weighted-uncapped.</p>