UC science?

I am a senior hoping to go to UC Irvine for political science. I know UC’s like science classes, so even though science is not my strong suit i have taken bio, chem, AP environmental, and I am now attempting AP physics.

The problem is, i am struggling, a lot. A lot is an understatement. It just took me 2 hours to do one problem, and the answer is still wrong. I am interested in physics, i unsterstand it theoretically, and i can do the math. I just cant convert units to save my life. My chem teacher was on maternity leave for most of the year so i never learned unit conversions.

I am planning to go to tutoring and work really hard, but i am discouraged. My other science class grades are low (2 C’s and an A) so im scared to get another low grade. As a senior, is it ok for me to get a C or B- in this class? Or should I take normal phsyics and get an A? Im not worried about my GPA as ill likely have straight A’s in my other classes. Im just worried about getting a C and getting kicked out of a college after acceptance or something along those lines.

Advice?

I would consider dropping down a level to regular Physics if you are struggling in the AP class. Since you plan to pursue a Political science major, having the 3 sciences: Chemistry/Physics and even APES should be fine. You do not have to take AP sciences for every requirement. If the rest of your Senior schedule is sufficiently rigorous, you should be fine.

The provisional admission for the UC’s requires you maintain a 3.0 UC weighted GPA (UCLA/UCB require a 3.0 unweighted GPA) for Senior year, no D’s or F’s. UCLA/UCB require no more than 2 C’s Senior year.

Also, does your school offer peer tutoring? Ask someone who is in the course or who has taken the course to work through sample problems with you until the unit conversion goes smoothly.