UC "second language spoken"

<p>When you “view your application” there is a box that says “second spoken language”, but there’s no way to put anything in.</p>

<p>[View</a> image: 112513](<a href=“http://postimg.org/image/6cc7rqwpt/]View”>http://postimg.org/image/6cc7rqwpt/)</p>

<p>Go back to the section of the application entitled “Personal Information.” The very first question asks you what you first language was. You have three choices:</p>

<p>(1) English (or another language) ONLY
(2) English AND another language
(3) OTHER (at the very bottom of the list)</p>

<p>If your first two languages were English and Vietnamese, that’s easy. You select “English and another language” and a text box will appear where you can enter the name of the other language.</p>

<p>If your first two languages were, for example, Vietnamese and Mandarin, you can select “OTHER” and a text box will appear. There, you can enter the two languages. Your best bet would be to separate them with a comma only, and abbreviate if necessary. (They don’t give you much space.)</p>

<p>Since you posted an image, I wasn’t able to see exactly where you had typed the other information. If you typed directly into the form in the image, try logging out and logging in and do it again. If you still can’t enter anything, try e-mailing or calling them explaining your difficulty in detail. If there was another screen to enter the information, which was then transferred to the form in the image, try to see all the options in case you missed where you were supposed to enter it.</p>

<p>@dodgersmom</p>

<p>Oh I get it…it’s asking for both languages at the same time, I thought it meant the language you learned to speak first and the one you learned to speak second.</p>

<p>Well, it’s not really asking for both languages at the same time . . . I don’t think they even considered the possibility that someone might have two first languages other than English. But filling it in that way works, and it looks just fine (I tried it), so why not?</p>

<p>What if your name is Sarah, you’re from Wasilla, AK and you have *no *first language?</p>

<p>See post #2.</p>