UC System's Business

<p>i heard from some of my teachers that if you want to major in business, it would be better to go to a cal state. they say cal state has very practical business schools that allow you to graduate in 4 years and enter the work force. whereas the UC system is more dedicated towards graduate school and preparing you for graduate school future.</p>

<p>i got into UCD, UCI, and UCSB, and i plan on majoring in business. my question is, what’s the difference between the business schools at UC’s compared to the Cal States? im wondering if there is a big difference at all once you enter the work force. does it matter if I go to UCD, UCI, or UCSB, or will i have the same opportunities and outlook for success if i go to Cal State Fullerton or Northridge? im asking because UC’s are not friendly economically, but cal states are much cheaper.</p>

<p>if the education is basically the same, and future opportunities are similar, would it be a better option to just go to a cal state? besides the prestige of saying I went to a UC, what other benefits are there of majoring in business at one of these schools?</p>

<p>thank you!</p>

<p>UCI is one of the 3 UCs which actually have business programs besides Economics. The other 2 are UCB and UCR. Personally I think its best to attend a UC(in your situation UCI) </p>

<p>I believe you probably have more job oppurtunities/internship at UCs, cept all UCs are condemned as good schools. Going to a UC generally looks good on your resume for future jobs anyways compared to CSU.</p>

<p>UCB>UCR>UCI in business in undergrad. </p>

<p>The UC business school are obviously better since the are reseach school they research the market and see how it is going</p>

<p>UCB>UCR>UCI in business in undergrad. </p>

<p>The UC business school are obviously better since the are reseach school they research the market and see how it is going</p>

<p>wth? It’s UCB>UCI>UCR <.< (bias much?)</p>

<p>UCR undergrad is older than UCI though grad its UCI>UCR</p>

<p>Ehh, still not convinced UCR undergrad is better than UCI, though UCI business program is pretty new :/</p>

<p>^ people believe that UCI>UCR because they think UCR “sucks” and UCI is better as whole… >.> I don’t know which one is better, but I don’t really care. College is what you make out of it.</p>