UC testing requirements

I am not sure which forum to post this, but I just got off the phone with the toll free number in CA for questions regarding the UC application. It was a recorded call.

The lady said that one can submit EITHER the ACT or the SAT - and only the highest score from a single test administration on the same day. They don’t superscore. I asked her if one had to submit ALL of either the ACT or SAT (like the whole testing history) and she said NO. She said they recommend or like to see the entire testing history, BUT ONLY THE HIGHEST IS REQUIRED.

When I asked about subject tests, she said that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SEND IN THE ENTIRE SAT SUBJECT TEST HISTORY. One can pick and choose what they want to send in.

I have confirmed this by phone in a recorded conversation. Of course, I wrote down the time and date in case of any discrepancy. BUT, it still says on their website that

"In the College Board’s Score Choice module, ensure that all scores are sent to UC. We require all scores and will use the highest scores from a single administration.

For the ACT with Writing test, we will focus on the highest combined score from the same test administration.

For the SAT with Essay, we will focus on the highest total score from a single test date"

I find this so strange that many are getting the answers I got, but the above quote from the website differs. To me, the website implies one must send in entire SAT history (college board score choice module) and not the case with the ACT.

In any event, just passing on information.

Just to avoid any confusion and lawyer-like interpretation, we turned in everything, all scores all tests from SAT ACT AP.

Agree with @ProfessorPlum168 in that I would recommend sending all of your ACT scores or all of your SAT scores. For SAT subject tests, you can use score choice and report only the SAT subject test scores you want since they are not required but “recommended’. You will not be faulted for any low SAT or ACT scores since they will choose the highest score from a single sitting and it is also very rare that students only take these tests only once.