UC to UC Transfer

<p>I was admitted to UC Davis Electrical Engineering program and I’m thinking about going there and trying to transfer to another UC such as SD LA or Cal later on. How hard would that be? How many UC to UC transfers have you guys heard of?</p>

<p>My second choice is to go to a JC and then transfer…I understand JC transfers have priority and that its cheaper but I think the the dorm/away from home experience is important…Give me your thoughts please.</p>

<p>I totally recommend the dorm experience vs. JC. As long as you maintain a high GPA, 3.5+ for SD, 3.6+ for LA, and as close to 4.0 as possible for Cal, your transfer chances will be looking good. </p>

<p>Most transfers come from JC's but they give a close second priority to students transfering from another UC. </p>

<p>Worse comes to worse, your going to graduate from Davis, a top university with a great engineering program. (If the transfers do not fall through).</p>

<p>how about for my case?
i am really looking foward to transfering outa riverside (not that i dont like riverside, i just think theres more opportunities at sd). would the same 3.5+gpa apply to me as well? or do i need to maintain a higher gpa?</p>

<p>Deep- Going to a UC and getting a high GPA gives you a relatively easy gateway to UCSD, no matter what UC you are transfering from. I would say the prestige of the UC would be the tie breaker, but as long as you have an above 3.5 gpa at riverside, you should be good. UCSD is a bit easier to get into for transfers than Cal and UCLA.</p>

<p>UC Davis does have an agreement with UCSD if I recall correctly. But it's only for computer science? Idk. I don't know much about it but I do remember someone saying something about it. So you're gonna have to research that yourself.</p>

<p>thanks a lot cali trumpet</p>

<p>Does anyone know the requirements? Isn't there a number of units which must be completed to transfer to another UC?</p>

<p>What should I be worrying about other than GPA these two years? </p>

<p>How important are the transfer applicants in comparison to the nontransfer? I was hoping the overall process would be easier.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Do they just want you to have 90 units toward your major, or do they want you to take specific classes to be able to transfer?</p>

<p>hey, I am wanting to do the same thing but from UCSC to cal or davis (nothing against UCSC just other two are closer to home). I found that UCSD has transfer agreetments with all UCs.</p>

<p>ASSIST</a> Report: UCD 07-08 UCSD Articulation Agreement by Major</p>