UC UnderGrad Pre-Med Help

<p>Alright guys, I’m new to the forums so just want to say thanks for having me! Now, I’m a senior in High school and will be going to Moorpark Community College for 2 years and then hopefully getting in one of the following: UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCR. Now, I want to major in biology to get in to Med school, and eventually want to become a radiologist. But I here bio is hugely competitive in these undergrad schools. Also, I have no idea on what classes to take to get into the UC system, but I am researching on this, I know that I will need to get into the honors program at Moorpark CC to get in to UC system. Are their other majors that will improve my chances of getting in to one of the schools I listed? Is anyone currently going through the same thing? Thanks for reading and all replies are much appreciated.</p>

<p>You do not have to be a biology/science major to get into med-school, you just need to make sure that you are taking the correct bio, chem, physics and math series that med schools require. You will also need to volunteer/work and or do research in some science/medical related field. While science courses help with the MCAT, meds schools like to see a well rounded person and accept quite a few people who are not science majors. Tell your CC counselor your plans so you can make sure you are taking the correct undergrad classes.</p>

<p>Alright sweet, so basically, you can get in to med school without having a major in science? Whoa that's a new one to me, thanks for the reply it is much appreciated.</p>

<p>Just make sure you meet with a pre-med advisor to get a list of the math, physics, chem, ect series that qualify for med school and your good to go. You will still need to take the series even if it is not required of your major. Good luck!</p>

<p>Wait wait wait, we really don't have to major in Bio to be considered in a med school? Like e.g. I'm currently undeclared (because the school's med school declined my admission) and I was thinking of being a Bio Sci major just to fulfill the part that "I have to be in a Bio major to apply for a med school" (since I want to become a nurse). </p>

<p>That's... nice o_o!</p>

<p>I don't know the nursing school requirements. There is a med-school forum on CC that is full of very useful info, you might check it out.</p>

<p>Only half of medical school applicants are bio majors, actually.</p>