UC Universities...OUT OF STATE APPLICANTS

<p>So the admissions committee is finally releasing the decisions… and just like any other applicant, I’m nervous.
My scores are average, i’m currently an IB student, alot of ECs, multilingual/diverse racial background, good GPA, great essays. However, I live in Texas, and although I’ve heard of several Texans moving out to California, I’m not sure if I have what it takes?!
I decided to apply to UC San Diego and UC Los Angeles… if I got an acceptance letter from either I’d go. I have always been a strong student, however I don’t know if it’ll be alright? HELP—i’m anxious.</p>

<p>Biggest potential issue is that UC financial aid will not cover the $23,000 additional out-of-state tuition.</p>

<p>So, what was the decision - admit? denied?</p>

<p>Don’t know yet… still awaiting the decisions from both; UCSD’s website is undergoing a crash, and UCLA is still reviewing my application. Wish me luck!</p>

<p>My S got in to UCD, waitlisted at UCSD, Still waiting for scholarship decision from UCD. Has anyone else received scholarship info?</p>

<p>Wording on the site “We will begin awarding scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year in late March and will continue through August.”</p>