(UC) University of California (acceptance chances?)

Hi I am a junior in highschool.
Summer after freshman year courses :
Algebra 2 - B (this was to make up a grade from freshman year)
(1st sem/2nd sem)
Sophomore year :
English 2A - B/A
Band - A/A
Heritage Chinese 2 - A/A
Pre calculus - B/A
World History - A/A
AP Physics - B/A
Summer after sophomore year :
Statistics (college course) - A
Junior year :
AP literature - B/B
AP Calculus (AB) - A/A
AP US History - A/A
Band - A/A
Biology - A/A
Heritage Chinese 3 - A/A
the 2nd semester here is what I think I will get from what I got 1st semester
Summer after junior year :
Calculus (BC)(college course) - A

Estimated (self calculated) GPA : 4:15
I am not too sure if this is right, but this is how I calculated it :
A - 4/5 pts depending on regular/(ap/college) courses
B - 3/4 pts and so on
Formula : (total pts from UC gpa standards (a-g courses summer after freshman to before senior) and divide that by the # of classes) – brief – (total pts/#classes)

SAT : 730 math
680 critical reading
630 writing

SAT2 : physics 800
Math 2 800

Ethnicity : Asian/pacific islander

ECs : 1. varsity/frosh Track all years and 2 years of XC

1. I was involved in some volunteering do to being an officer of a volunteering club
  2. AMC/F=MA competitions (participated but did not win anything/etc.)
  3. Made a game on a platformer called ROBLOX with over 55,000 plays. Accepted to the company's private developing forum.

Clubs : 1. Leo club (volunteer club) officer position

1. Math club
  2. Physics club
  3. Computer science club (did not do much)

I am not sure what else I could give about the info of my stats, but my question is : what do you guys think my chances are to any of the UCs and what I can do better to make my app more impressive for a CS major?

UCs desired : UCLA,UCB,UCSD,UCSB,UCD,UCI

Here is the UC GPA calculator:

http://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

At the end of your Junior year repost with your final Stats and you will get a better chancing from CC posters.
You seem like a competitve applicant for all the schools. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Oh okay! Umm, what does it mean by 8 semesters of (honors, AP, Ib) honor pts on the calculator? Like since I took AP physics both semesters of sophomore year, does that count at 2 or 1

A year long class (2 semesters) will give you 2 Honors points. You need to make sure your Honors classes are UC approved or they will not count for the extra points. All AP classes will count towards the Honors points, but the calculator caps the GPA with 8. UCLA/UCB will also use uncapped UC GPA so no limit on Honors points.

See link to check your school courses:
http://www.ucop.edu/doorways/

Is the uncapped only for UCLA and UCB?

Uncapped is only for UCLA and UCB.

Okay thank you! Oh by the way, do you know anything about Stanford admissions whether they look at freshman gpa, uncapped, etc.?

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/files/freshman-admission-matrix.pdf

I read that Stanford does not include Freshman grades in the GPA. You will find colleges will recalculate your GPA based on self-reported grades anyways based on their criteria.

Hmm, my freshman grades are quite shameful and put me in a position in terms of class rank :confused: do you think UCs will put that into consideration and at least consider my upward trend in terms of grades?

UC’S do not consider Freshman grades for the GPA and they do like to see an upward trend. They will still see your Freshman grades when you self-report on the application, but they should not a huge impact since the UC GPA calculator uses 10-11th grades.

http://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

I understand that, but he freshman grades sort of puts a big impact towards class rank and it put me in a bad position since my school is full of competitive students. :frowning: 1 B puts you in around #85 out of 600 and I have more than just 1 B :frowning: And looking at freshman applicant pools, avg of 90% of people that get accepted to the UCs I mentioned are in the top 10% of their class :frowning:

Both my sons were not in the top 10% of their class, but were accepted to some UC’s. If you come from a very competitive HS, admissions will take this into account. Also UC’s do not use rank for admission decisions.

oh, I see. Do you know whether Band counts towards the GPA calculation or not?

Band should count for the Fine Arts requirement, so it should be included. Check the doorways website, I posted above to verify your school’s courses.

Hmm, how much do you think my achievement on getting 55,000 plays and accepted to the company’s dev forum will do good for me?