UC Verification?

<p>So I got a little package in the mail from the UC offices saying that I…</p>

<p>“have been selected as part of a sample of applicants. Your selection is entirely random and is part of a University-wide verification process. It does not mean that we question the statements you made on your application. Rather, it is a way of ensuring integrity in the overall application process [This I found very contradicting]… Enclosed you will find a copy of a portion of your Fall 2010 University of California Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarships that has been selected and highlighted for verification. Your application will not be reviewed by any campus until satisfactory documentation verifying the highlighted information is recieved.”</p>

<p>I have no idea what this means. They highlighted my “10th-11th” grade classes…
Do you know what this is? I don’t know what I’m supposed to ‘send in’ for my 10th and 11th grade ‘verification’ because I only took core classes then.</p>

<p>Any help is appreciated. The UC offices don’t have humans picking up their phones.</p>

<p>Maybe you are one of the 10% randomly chosen for a check. I thought they did this after admissions.</p>

<p>UC randomly audits ~10% of all applications during the app cycle. </p>

<p>If they are only requesting proof of your coursework, just submit an official transcript.</p>

<p>go get an official transcript and send it back. shouldnt be any big deal</p>

<p>Are all of the UC verification notices sent through mail?</p>

<p>so they’ve started sending the verifications? do you know upto what month they keep doing this? like when will they send the last one? any ideas ?</p>

<p>read the post.</p>

<p>how bad can your estimated average community service hours be? i put down that i volunteer for 3 hrs once every week. however, i dont always go every week of the year and i put down that i go 3 hrs every week of the year for 2 years. right now i have 100 hours at the hospital and im not sure i can make up that 300 hrs…do you think itll be alright?</p>

<p>“Your application will not be reviewed by any campus until satisfactory documentation verifying the highlighted information is recieved.”</p>

<p>I already got my acceptance from Davis (ELC). I assume they had to review my application to check out all the requirements. So, does this pretty much mean I’m not getting audited?</p>

<p>Plus, OP, have you gotten any verifications from the UC campuses about them receiving your application?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>ELC guarantees you an acceptance letter from Davis in March, IFF you complete all of the other admission requirements, such as testing and a-g coursework, senior grades, as well as any other UC request, such as the 10% random audit. If you do not fufill the requirements, any admission offer WILL be rescinded.</p>

<p>You guys got all your UC verification stuff in the mail,right?</p>

<p>“ELC guarantees you an acceptance letter from Davis in March, IFF you complete all of the other admission requirements, such as testing and a-g coursework, senior grades, as well as any other UC request, such as the 10% random audit. If you do not fufill the requirements, any admission offer WILL be rescinded.”</p>

<p>Incorrect as applied to Davis this year.</p>

<p>ahh, I stand corrected. Davis changed their practice.</p>

<p>Davis sends out acceptances in December for ELC. I think acceptance is contingent on good behavior etc. for the rest of the year though.</p>

<p>OP: If all they highlighted was the courses, just send in a transcript.</p>

<p>Can someone help me? I got the same letter, and they are asking me to verify some community service work that I did. I volunteered in a club my friend started called Music4Seniors (this is not a school club), and we play music at senior centers on the weekends. One of the options for verification is to send in a letter from a supervisor. Since his mom is the one that schedules the dates/locations that we play at… I thought I could get a letter from her. But the problem I am having is that we do not have official “school or organization letterhead”… Should I have her write a letter anyway, provide her phone number, and have her explain the problem? Or should I return the verification document with the “I cannot provide documentation” box checked, and an explanation of why I cannot? Any help is much appreciated.</p>

<p>Sure, you could have your mom’s friend write a letter. Then I would suggest you ask the Senior Center to also write a letter on thier letterhead confirming that your group plays on Saturdays from 3-5 pm, or some such.</p>