UC Writing Requirement

<p>What if you fail the test?
Would they rescind you?
Or do you have to take an extra class at community college/UC?
Please answer

<p>They will not automatically rescind you for failing to pass the writing requirement, but you will need to pass a college-level equivalent course from CC or pass a workload course from the UC. I believe they give you your whole first year (that is, summer sessions, and fall/winter/spring) to pass the writing requirement or else the University will kick you out. So as long as you pass by the end of the school year, you will be okay.</p>

<p>I have to take the writing test also! </p>

<p>I think if you don’t pass, then you’ll have to take a remedial English class your freshmen year, which does gives no credit towards your GE requirement. If you fail or can’t make the test this coming Saturday, then I think you’ll have another chance during orientation or in the beginning of the year.</p>

<p>At Cal, the entry English class that you have to take does indeed earn credit towards the degree. However, if the test given on campus at the beginning of Fall is only for those who were away or overseas students who couldn’t take it when most do. If you fail this time, at least at Cal, you don’t get a do-over test in Fall, you just sign up for the entry writing class. </p>

<p>Many of the colleges at Cal have a requirement for Reading and Composition courses, which would be taken even if someone passed the AWPE test. There are ways to waive out of one or both, but if you have to take the entry writing because of failing AWPE, it is a combined course that satisfies the first R&C obligation as well as entry writing. That way, the only ‘cost’ to you is that the combined class is more work (but more credits) than the R&C versions for those that pass AWPE.</p>

<p>^That is correct. There isn’t a do-over at UCD, if not the whole UC system. If you fail the AWPE once, you cannot take it again to satisfy the writing proficiency test. If you can’t take the upcoming test, the UC will hold a day for you to take it on campus only for first timers.</p>