UC...

<p>Can you guys tell me about the cases students with low SAT get accepted to any of University of California?</p>

<p>Yes, you can get into a UC with an SAT score of 1500 but will probably not be your top choices. Your best bets would be UC Merced and Riverside. It will also depend upon your essays, your EC’s and your intended major.</p>

<p>My older son had less than stellar test scores (ACT 26) but a very good UC GPA (4.2). Along with good essays and EC’s and a not too competitive major, he was able to get into 5 UC’s. </p>

<p>Younger son had good test scores (ACT 31) but lower UC GPA (3.7) along with a competitive major of CS. He was accepted into UC Riverside. </p>

<p>The UC’s will evaluate your application based on 14 areas of criteria. An SAT score is only a small part of your application. All I can say, after going through the UC application twice in the past 2 years, a good GPA will definitely help your chances. UC’s are GPA focused.</p>

<p>You just never know for sure, until you get an acceptance or a denial. Hang in there and hope for the best.</p>

<p>The UCs care more about GPA than about SAT scores. If you have a perfect GPA, good extracurriculars, a good essay, and a non-impacted intended major, you can be accepted by most if not all UCs even with an SAT score below 1600.</p>