****UCB Freshman Class of 2024 Discussion****

For those that got in early, what is your stat?

Major: Political Science
In state

ACT: 32
GPA Unweighted: 3.8
Weighted: 4.2

I definitely didnā€™t think my stats were enough to get in much less early, I think it must have to do a lot with extracurriculars and essays because I think those areas of my application were much better.

Early Admit here for the Haas Global Management Program, anyone else get into GMP?

@swimmerboy123 - Did you have an interview? My D applied but didnā€™t get in early and is waiting to see if she gets an interview. Would you mind sharing your stats and what it was about your app that you think made you stand out?

@gratefulmama why are you expecting an interview?

I had an interview back on January 23rd. I doubt they are conducting interviews any longer.

Stats:
ACT: 34
GPA: 4.62 weighted, 3.98 unweighted
9 APā€™s
I believe my unique international related ECā€™s helped me stand out for this program specifically.

I didnā€™t get MET interview I guess Iā€™m getting rejected

Hi
I have 2 questions

1. Are there any other merit scholarships other than regents and chancellors for those who get accepted in regular decision?
  2. In my Sā€™ school 4 students were accepted last year for EECS and this year 4 students have already been accepted as early admits. Does that mean no more offers for students during regular decision for Berkeley eecs?
    Thanks

@Eastcoast234:

1. UCB Financial aid page lists scholarships that are available:
    https://financialaid.berkeley.edu/scholarships

Regents and Chancellorā€™s are the most common but there are some department specific scholarships that may be available.

https://eecs.berkeley.edu/resources/undergrads/scholarships

1. UCB does not have student quota for any school so other EECS applicants can still be admitted during regular decision.

@swimmerboy123 - Thank you. I havenā€™t seen anyone else post but your timeline makes sense. Congratulations!

@VickiSoCal - interviews were specifically for applications to get into the Global Management Program.

Ok, thank you Gumbymom!

@Staysmiling I got into MET IEOR, whatā€™s the link?

@swimmerboy123 @gratefulmama I think they did end of January GMP interviews for February Early admits. I just received an interview invite this evening, and it says that interviews will be conducted until the first week of March. They are probably still rolling out invites this month.

@boss2719 - That is encouraging news. Thank you! Good luck!

Thanks!

@swimmerboy123 i got into gmp!

@capcase:
Question was moved from the UCB Stats only thread to this discussion thread.

Whatā€™s the period for regent scholarship invitations sending out? Has not received it, so pessimisticā€¦

Did anyone get an email saying ā€œAs you await your admission decision, we want toā€¦ā€

@amogh97 I just received one. Not sure what does it mean.

Was the whole text of the message this:

As you await your admission decision, we want to provide some information regarding what to do after you receive your decision. All decisions will be released on March 26, 2020. When decisions become available, you will receive an email notifying you to log in to MAP@Berkeley where your decision will be available. If you are admitted, the deadline to accept your offer of admission is May 1, 2020.

Should you be admitted, you will need to select a First Year Pathway. All of these pathways offer you high caliber Berkeley (or transferable) courses, housing, and student activities that allow you to build pride, trust, and community with your peers, faculty, and staff. If admitted, you will need to select your pathway after accepting your offer of admission by May 1, 2020.

Should you be offered a space on the waitlist, you must opt-in if you would like to be considered. If this applies to you, you will receive information on how to complete this process. If space becomes available, we may offer admission to some students who opted-in to the waitlist.

If you do not receive an offer of admission or wait list, it will not be a reflection of your academic abilities. We encourage you to consider all of your other educational opportunities.

We hope you have a great day and GO BEARS!

NOTE: I have a friend who says he got this email without the ā€œShould you be admittedā€ paragraph, but I think he is just messing with me.