****UCB Freshman Class of 2024 Discussion****

Because the email listed 3 possibilities for the decision, so I don’t think this mail means anything for the offer. Just keep us awake.

@separatelayer I also got the email without the "Should you be admitted . . . " paragraph but otherwise its the exact same. I applied as a ME major in the College of Engineering if that makes a difference.

Yeah, I now suspect only people who applied to L&S got the Pathway thing. I don’t think it means anything.

Yes, S20 applied L&S, the email with the Pathway thing. I don’t think this email is related to admission.

Me too…

Does anyone know if Berkeley weights legacy status for Regent’s?

@annacf: Legacy is not a consideration for any of the UC’s.

Congratulations ! Thats a very nice surprise :smiley: Would you mind posting the stats please ?

Applied for regular admission with the following stats and wondering if I have a chance get into Berkeley ChemE program:

ACT 36 (superscore)
SAT: 1560
GPA:3.83 (unweighted) / 3.98 (weighted)
ECA: Varsity tennis team captain, spelling bee NY regional level, hundreds of hours of volunteer work, etc.
Residency: OOS

Accepted to:

• UT, Austin with $15K/year merit scholarship
  • Free tuition (based on merit) for 4 years to attend ChemE program at State University of NY
  • West Point (US Military Academy), and
  • Univ of Minnesota

Waiting to hear from Georgia Tech and Berkeley. Thanks in advance for your input.

@ChemEboyNY of course you have a chance, but why would you go full pay at Berkeley with your other options?

Thanks @VickiSoCal.

Berkeley is ranked #2 in ChemE program vs UT Austin #4. I really would like to go to GTech (#3), if I get accepted.

Applied for regular decision and was wondering if I have a chance to get into Mechanical Engineering at Berkeley:

White Male, In-State
Majoring in Mechanical Engineering

ACT: 36 (one sitting)
SAT: N/A
Subject Tests: Math 2 - 800
Physics - 700
AP Tests: US History - 5
Lang/Comp - 4
GPA: 4.00 unweighted
4.53 weighted
~4.77 UC GPA
Extracurriculars: Eagle Scout, 3 Years Varsity T&F, 200+ hours community service teaching math to underprivileged and special needs students, 3 years Student Government, Captain of Mock Trial Club, 6 years playing saxophone, etc.

-Took 8 AP classes (Out of 12 offered, AP classes are only available to upperclassmen at my school)

• Invited to apply for UCLA Regents
  • Invited to UCSB Chancellor’s Reception’

Waiting to hear from Berkeley, I’ve been hoping to be a bear for as long as I can remember!

Everyone applies regular decision. That is all there is.

Last year they came out 3/5, I’m hoping that’s the same this year! Or sooner!

Last year, UCB released their decisions on March 28th at 3::00 PM. Regular decisions will probably come out March 26th. Cal is the last of the UC’s to notify students of admission. All the UC’s scatter their admission dates

That’s so weird, I went back to last years thread. I swore it was the 5th, not sure where I saw that?

UCB traditionally releases decisions very close to Ivy Day, which is usually the last week of March. The 5th you mentioned can possibly be the release of regent scholarship invitations and limited early acceptances. This year that was on Feb 7, I think.

Hey guys! I’m currently a freshman here at Berkeley, if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I’ll try my best to answer! Sorry if I’m a bit late on replies, it’s midterm season right now…

Does UCB need Mid-Year Report ? Thanks in advance.

@BBCCHS If I remember correctly, you don’t need to send one. They only asked me for my transcript after the end of the school year. You should be fine unless they ask for it!