****UCB Freshman Class of 2024 Discussion****

I just checked my portal - I have 4 addresses now? Does this mean anything?

I have 2 darn

We do too, but never looked at what it was beforeā€¦

Yesterday I only had 2 addresses, I also remember having 4 right before the early admits were announced back in February.

@bruh420 Were you early admit? Or are you still waiting? They seem to be doubled? Two mailing, two permanentā€¦

@COmama24 I wasnā€™t an early admit, but I did apply to the CoE if it means anything.

So strange, maybe others can chime in and tell everyone what they are seeingā€¦

**UC Forum Champion Note:::

I have been following the UC admissions on CC for many years now and every year some one brings up the 2 address vs 4 address theory along with the numerous email theories, trying to determine in advance if they can predict an acceptance. The address theory has been disproved many times over and the email means nothing. Please continue to post relevant questions on their discussion thread but also refrain from any more conjecture regarding these items.

Everyone will get their decision on March 26th. Please be patient and wait for the ACTUAL DECISION.

Thank you.

I applied to 4 UCs including Berkeley, the others were UCI, UCSD, and UCR. I got accepted to UCR, waitlisted to both UCSD and UCI. My stats were a 4.15 WGPA, 1320 SAT, 30 ACT, with 200+ service hrs and two sports/whole bunch of ECs. Iā€™ve also taken 2 Honors Classes and 18 community college courses. I was wondering if anyone had any stats on someone who got waitlisted at the same schools, but still got admitted to Cal? Iā€™ve been super anxious and of course thereā€™s nothing I can do to change the decision that Iā€™ll get on Thursday, but I was just wondering what my chances were by comparing previous situations that were similar. Iā€™ve searched all over and couldnā€™t find any similar situations. My major is Political Science btw.

I only see 2 addresses, no change. For those who may interpret that as a bad sign, I got admitted into UCLA (Regents), Georgetown, WashU among other competitive colleges. Good luck to all!

Where do u guys see the address ??

got it nvmd

Where are these links?

@gumbymom - I know you state that a waitlist is a ā€œsoft rejectionā€ but wondering, given the potential COVID-19 economic impact, what your thoughts are this year for in-state students who are wait-listed at one of their top UC campuses. If fewer out-of-state and/or international students can afford a UC, does it make sense to think about the waitlist differently? Should students consider using this downtime to work on letters of continued interest? I would not ask this in a normal year, as I agree that students should move past their wait-listed schools and instead focus on where they were accepted. But given that this could be an unusual year - and I have a kid who right now is feeling like being closer to home - I would love to know your thoughts. Thank you in advance!

I was admitted early to Political Science and had fairly similar stats (I didnā€™t apply to UCI but did get waitlisted at UCSD): 4.2 WGPA, 1360 SAT, 32 ACT and I also had a bunch of community service + activities as well as multiple sports

but just try and relax while you wait for the actual decision, wherever you end up is gonna be the right place :slight_smile:

@annacf Thank you so much!!

Iā€™m freaking out a bit early but good luck to everyone!

@calmom20:

Due to the virus issues, I believe that there will be more movement on the waitlists this year but there is no way to predict how much. Also if less OOS and International students do not SIR, they may still go these students and admit them first off the waitlist. It really depends upon their yield.

Regarding Letters of continued interest.

1. None of the UCā€™s consider an applicantā€™s level of interest in their admission process.
  2. By opting into the waitlist, you are showing interest in the school so unless a LOCI is part of the waitlist process, I would not spend extra time on drafting a letter.

I would love to have a crystal ball and look into the future and hope the Covid virus is a short term problem. To many questions and not enough answers or information.

I prefer to not get any studentā€™s hopes up, so all students should love the schools that currently love them back. After May 1, then they can see where things stand.

Berkeley also uses the wait-list for their spring admit or January start. I donā€™t know the details other than it is usually offered after students have already committed to another school.

https://admissions.berkeley.edu/make-most-january-start

my mom works at Berkeley and said that they will be releasing decisions tomorrow.