may the odds be in our favor :blush:

omg

I got in!

Congratulations! Me too! Hooray!

OOS (NY), L&S

Can someone post the letter they got?

@redwag Congrats!!

haha rejected, but that’s okay. congrats to those who got it! XD

I’m too scared to check. Do you have to click on a status update link or does it directly give you the decision?

Accepted!!! :slight_smile:

Rejected
In state white male
1450 SAT 4.00 U/4.58 W GPA
English Major

Dear [name],

Congratulations, and welcome to the University of California, Berkeley. You have been admitted for the fall semester of 2020 to the College of Letters and Science.

[name], you are an excellent match for Berkeley. This offer of admission recognizes your outstanding academic and personal achievements and celebrates the passion, persistence, and convictions you bring to this campus. You and your loved ones have every reason to be proud of your success.

We want you to shape Berkeley, just as you will be shaped by your experiences here. You join a welcoming and dynamic community that shares your eagerness to challenge the status quo and reimagine the future. Study and work alongside accomplished faculty and distinguished scholars. Forge long-lasting friendships in your quest to intensify your voice. Take advantage of the boundless opportunities and resources that equip you to achieve your career goals and make a mark in the world, wherever your adventure leads.

We are confident in your ability and desire to make our community a place where diversity of thoughts and perspectives come together. You demonstrate extraordinary resilience and ambition and stood out among more than 88,000 freshman applicants for your remarkable energy, curiosity, and creativity. Berkeley is lucky to have you, and you deserve to be here. You are Berkeley!

We in the Berkeley community are delighted to celebrate the unique contributions you bring. Once you are ready, accept your offer of admission in the MAP@Berkeley portal. To secure your place as a Golden Bear, please respond to this offer any time before 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time) on May 1, 2020.

Please remember to read all of your letters linked below, including your Conditions of Admission, First Year Pathways, and more.

I hope you choose Berkeley on your journey to the future. Welcome to the family. Go Bears!

Sincerely,

Olufemi Ogundele
Assistant Vice Chancellor and Director
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of California, Berkeley

I also don’t wanna check, but it seems that they’re concentrating their OOS acceptances in New England. They might be trying to corner the Ivies.

rejected, in-state, 32 ACT, 4.3 W gpa, 3.9 UW, major: nutrition

Rejected
Major: psychology
OOS (Virginia)
1290 SAT; 27 ACT
4.12 weighted capped, weighted 4.4, unweighted 3.8 UC GPA
8 AP’s
Female, Asian
EC’s: Summer Exchange program, VP Future Medical Professionals of America (FMPA) Club, VP Red Cross Club, member in all honor societies, essay tutor, equity leader, weekly volunteer at local SPCA, hospital, and Red Cross
Awards: Okinawa Peace scholarship recipient, 1st place in Japanese speech contest, Smith College Book Award, art work displayed in city fair and art walk, and AP Capstone diploma candidate

Accepted: UCI, UCSB, UCSC, UCD, UCSD, UW (scholarship), VCU (scholarship)
Waitlisted: UVA, Reed, UCLA, William and Mary
Rejected: UChicago, Georgetown, USC, UC Berkeley

Rejected, but I’m good with that!