****UCB Freshman Class of 2024 Discussion****

Where do you see which major you got in for I cannot remember what I applied for lol.

Congratulations! What a great day!

@asiancaucasian Thank you! I appreciate that. Good luck with your decision!

Deniedā€¦
In state, physics.
SAT: 1520
GPA: 4.35 W, 4.0 UW
Congrats to all who got in.

Wow, sorry for my triple post! I didnā€™t think it went through.

Congratulations to all those who got accepted!!!

CS-Rejected. OOS Very sad! Was expecting to get into CA schools.
SAT : 1530
GPA: 4.0 UW
Valedictorian
National commended.

@alyssarjonesss: https://ls.berkeley.edu/advising/planning/schedule-planning/changing-majors

My D got accepted to College of Letters and Science. She had applied to MET program at UCB. How do we confirm is this admission for MET (Management, Engineering, Technology)? Or how do i know which major I got selected to?

Same here! D was accepted! waitlisted at UCI, UCSB, UCSD, rejected UCLA, admitted UCD. go figure! so so happy. My husband and I met at Cal! She never mentioned that because UCs donā€™t care about legacies.

@user_3258677 Could you, please share your extracurricular activities?

Would you list all your stats?
It would help to show what it takes to become a Regentā€™s & Chancellorā€™s Scholar.

You went from African American Studies to Biology?

Those are very different subjects. How did that happen in 4 months?

Accepted OOS for College of Letters and Science. Think it came down to essays that showed character and passion.

Got in to Berkeley and Riverside and not really sure what to decide. Any ideas?

Accepted!

OOS, white female from rural Midwest
Letters & Science, Physics B.S.

GPA: 4.00 UW, 4.15 W
SAT: 790 R, 790 M, 1560 best composite
ACT: 36 R, 36 W, 35 M, 36 S, 35 best composite
Class Rank: 1/64
AP Classes: Calc AB, Calc BC, Chem, Physics 1, Bio, Lit
ECs: Cheerleading (captain), scholastic bowl (captain), band, choir, speech, NHS, journalism, academic challenge, key club, drama club, volunteering with a local environmental charity

Congrats to everybody!

Congrats, @pkulis! The incoming dean is very impressive. It should be an (especially) exciting time to study Arch there.

Those were my thoughts as well. Great to get accepted but not even remotely feasible if you are out of state.

@nontraditional I plan to major in african american studies but just wanted to know in case I do decide it is not the right path for me in the future :slight_smile:

hi i was admitted and iā€™m having trouble starting up my calnet id. any advice?

Accepted!
3.9/4.3
34 ACT
In state white female
Applied Pre econ, hoping to do haas and political science
ECS: intern on kamala harris campaign, started an org about women in business, editor of school newspaper, president of feminism club, worked a job on weekends, cheerleading (captain)
APS: AP Euro (5), APUSH (5), AP Comp Sci Principles (5), AP Calc AB, AP Chem, AP Comparative gov, AP Spanish 5, AP econ

Essays: Essay about my school newspaper, essay about service trip to ecuador and how I want to study abroad in Latin America, essay on being a white member of my schools BSU, and essay on my work regarding gender equality

Accepted to: UCSB, UCD, UCSD, UCSC, University of Washington, Fordham (40k scholarship), American (honors and 22k scholarship), Santa Clara (15k scholarship), Umich, Wellesley, Smith, BU, Scripps, and a few other irrelevant schools (i applied to over 30 schools)
Waitlisted: Harvard, UCLA, Claremont Mckenna, Emory, UCI(i dont understand the UCI one)
Rejected: Georgetown, Brown, Penn, Columbia, Barnard, Duke