****UCB Freshman Class of 2024 Discussion****

@sdhotmama
Thank you for the info

My D applied for MET, with CS as engineering major, did not get invited to interview so we know no chance of MET. But she has great stats and ECs, so is there still a chance for earlier admit or are the semifinalists for EECS from the MET pool more likely.

@Gumbymom
When does Berkeley send their earlier notifications

@hopetouc Last year it was the equivalent of tomorrow. Eager to get confirmation from others.

@hopetouc: UCB lists no specific date so you can only go by when they were posted the last few years. This ^^^^^^.

If we go by the past patternS, I’d say tomorrow is very likely for early admits, but no one can say for sure.

Again, don’t panic if you are not one of them! My S1 did not get early admit but was accepted in late March.

Good luck! Both my kids enjoy their time at Cal very much.

Address is till 2, according to the forum, this is not a good sign, right?

@spacebuddy Try your question again, I’m confused.

It is said that if the address turns to 4 addresses, which means doubled, then this is a sign for acceptance. Otherwise, it all depends. I saw this from previous thread, don’t know it is true or not.

Hmm, I missed that hack. Interesting. Would we see that the day before early admits or day of?

No idea, I will check tomorrow.

Will OOS students also be notified tomorrow if they get regents? And how many of the regents interview usually go to OOS?

We are OOS. We think there will be a few for OOS. Ohio State has 20 full ride scholarship, usually will have 2 OOS and 1 international.

Happy Friday, fingers crossed that today some will learn about MET, earlier admits, and/or Regents scholarships. If not, I guess we all learn the art of patience.

One thing to clarify: early admits include invitations to apply for regents. You have to go through an interview then the final result for regents scholars will be announced as the regular admits in late March. At least, it’s what was done in the past.

@sdhotmama Yes, I wish I could further edit my post to make it more clear. I wasn’t sure that every early admit would be invited to apply for Regents, but that makes sense.

Still only 2 addresses. Son laughed at me for the address issue:-(

My D is humoring me and checking portal at 3:30.

Is anyone else’s Berkeley Portal under maintenance? Is it because they’re updating the portal for the regents scholars?

??