*UCB Freshman Class of 2025 Waitlist and Appeal discussion*

Is there a chance they had to many appeals and it will take longer for decisions? Or was everyone’s appeal rejected

Any updates ? Anything on discord?

This is so discouraging. Why not just send a status update to those who applied to be on the Wait List back in late March/early April?

1 Like

deleted

Can someone contact AO and ask them when decisions are coming out?

just did. they’re releasing a wave tonight

1 Like

i wouldn’t count on berkeley accepting any appeals this year. This far into the year and they still haven’t accepted many off the waitlist anyway

Thats not the purpose of an appeal. Theres a reason waitlisted people can’t appeal because the purpose of an appeal is for the admissions office to genuinely notice a mistake in their review of an applicant or see evidence of significantly greater potential that they missed earlier. Appeals so minimally affect the size of the class that it will not be dependent on the size of the class whereas waitlists will. The reason successful appeals are always so low in number is because, naturally, AOs dont make mistakes in their decisions often and their final decision can usually stand.

Guys so if my FAQ thing on my application page didn’t disappear(so called “indicator”), does that mean I didn’t get in? Since someone up there said they have an indicator, I was just curious since my FAQ is still there

i guess you’re right. that said, it makes u wonder why they’re taking so long with the appeals then. at least for the waitlist, there’s kind of a reason why they’re taking so long (with covid, housing restrictions, etc)

Ok as of right now, for both waitlists or appeals, absolutely NOTHING has moved. No portal indicators, no email updates, no status updates. Nothing. BUT Berkley AOs have said appeals are coming today, which is weird considering they closed an HOUR ago.

1 Like

Did they say WL and/or appeals? Also, it is already 5:30 p.m. in the west coast, and so I guess they fooled us again!

When I click “withdraw application,” it says "Our records indicate you are not authorized to submit this form. " That means anything???

that has been there for quite some time for everybody

got it, thx.

Would they delay the date for wl and/or appeal?

are you sure, cuz i can still withdraw

I’ve had that message for like over a month now

did you appeal or are you on the waitlist

I’m on the wl