*UCB Freshman Class of 2025 Waitlist and Appeal discussion*

thats p late man most people ik commited within a week

i definitely think its strange

yeah they didnt have an exact yield rate, but they can try to predict how itll turn out based on how many people committed by then

if they were so unsure about yield they would’ve accommodated earlier than one day before atleast

but didn’t decisions come out later this year? hence they can’t really predict using what they had at that time?

no? they came out march 25

and if ur claiming they didnt know about the yield by april 14th, they would have just given out more WL invites back in march to account for a future decrease in yield.

Maybe

its a baseless argument. they extended it a day before (which shows that not enough people opted in the waitlist) and they need to fill the seats. if they were unsure about their yield, they would have made the deadline the 22nd instead of the 15th. when its done last minute, it is definitely an emergency on their end!

Does anyone know if UC Berkeley has stated how many freshmen accepted their admission offer by May 1, 2021? Gumbymom, do you know where that information is posted or how long it is before it is reported somewhere?

they havent published this publicly

my guess is less yield but more people got waitlisted. in the end, it will probably even out (percentage wise) like 2018 or 2020

but the issue is that extended deadline, which opens up another realm of arguments. regardless, no point worrying about this

any1 know how hard COE is

its hard bro most of the waitlisted guys that get off are L&S

Do you know in the past where and when it would normally first be reported? (somewhere by UC Berkeley, or by another website)

anyone know about Rausser?

i also know for FPF that they increased seats throughout the process as well (to accommodate for more kids). im guessing they will increase it slightly right when the first wave drops

2 Likes

dam ig it would be miracle to get in cuz i just remeber that EECS is direct admit and they usually have the highest yield

not sure tbh, maybe somewhere like cal answers or their OPA github website? anyways it wont be for a while, i dont think theyll release it this month