UCB or UCSD

<p>SO basically, I narrowed down my choices to the 2 best UCs that accepted me :). I’ve seen UCB many times but I never seen UCSD.</p>

<p>Any opinions of which one I should choose D: ?</p>

<p>Major I got in:
UCB-Pre-business
UCSD-Communication</p>

<p>If you’re planning on becoming a business major, definitely go to UCB and try for Haas – it’s one of the best business schools in the nation (probably the best public business school). I can’t say anything about the “quality” of the education for your first two years, as most of the classes are taught by TA’s, but Haas is definitely a different experience.</p>

<p>What are you planning on becoming by the way?</p>

<p>I was planning to do advertising in the future which is y I was recommended to put communication as my major :frowning: since it’s more related to my ideal job than business. I saw that UCSD is ranked 2 in the nation for Communication so I don’t know what to do :frowning: since both schools are generally well known and very prestigious.</p>

<p>Any1 know how good UCSD is in general :(? I kind of want to go away from Bay area, but not sure if UCB is worth sacrificing over UCSD.</p>

<p>Shibykin, I would imagine that you should make a trip to La Jolla soon to get a feeling for UCSD?</p>

<p>Im visiting next week :). How is UCSD though :). I’ve heard things about UCSD such as its called UC socially dead which I don’t really know y D:</p>

<p>^I don’t think it’s socially dead. You’ll probably see how it is when you get here. The general feel of the campus that is.</p>

<p>is the business related majors in SD strong in case I may want to change my major there D:</p>

<p>if its a social science… why even consider UCSD when you got into Berkeley?</p>

<p>Well the majors I put down are ranked in the top 5 -.-. Honestly, I do want to get away from the Bay area(I live there), but it is THE UCB <.<. My parents support my decision 100% whichever one I choose, since our whole family didn’t expect me to get in either one or UCI. :/, I feel very lucky :D</p>

<p>I’m also from the Bay Area, I know people down in socal who love it and I know people who hate it. Most of my friends at CAL love it there, except for a few who never stop whining about their classes… but yeah. And I also love it at CAL (I don’t attend here, I’m at UCD, but I visit quite often cause of friends and sister. The atmosphere is very welcoming. It can look a bit scary, but its actually not that bad. The homeless people are extremely nice :] ) You should go check out the two places first to see if it fits you well. When you visit, don’t just look at the campus, try to meet some of the people. Appearances are very deceiving sometimes. </p>

<p>Also, here is another take I have on this… If you are from the Bay Area, there is a likely chance that you will be living/working in norcal after graduation right? I think by having CAL so well known will make it a lot easier for you to find a job in norcal with a degree from there rather than from a school that isnt even local. But again, CAL is a lot more challenging so it might kill your GPA if you slack off =
GL SIR.</p>

<p>Thank you herman :D. Well my dad went to UCB for EECS(>.<), and he pretty much badly wants me to go there XD. I don’t really like Cal’s campus much (hippie town much), and alot of my friends who went to Cal were pretty cocky and kinda talked town about the other UCs (cept UCLA <.<, can’t do that when its like the same ranking).</p>

<p>I’m very interested in UCSD and visiting next week :). I’m pretty sure I’m gonna stick with business related majors, or I might pursue education or political science. Since my dad pretty much is bias and says UCB is top 10 in every major <.< I prefer honest opinions about how UCB and UCSD are in education majors and political science.</p>

<p>Also is it true, UCB is ranked lower than UCSD and UCLA for communication o.o. It seems kinda highly untrue :(. but UCLA is supposedly ranked 1 in communication</p>