UCB, UCLA, UCI, UCD, UCSD Application Discrimination?

Hey guys!
So I’m applying to these 5 campuses as a Political Science Major, and I wanted to mention about how I attended Martin O’ Malley’s (presidential candidate 2016) political campaign in addition to being the Young Democrats of America President in my extracurriculars.
However, after telling my mother about this, she has gotten me paranoid about putting these stuff since the UC’s might discriminate against political affiliation, and it might hurt my chances of getting into college. Is this true? Should I just not mention these extracurriculars because it might hurt my chances of getting into college? But it’s not like I’m rubbing it in that Democrats are better than Republicans (which I do not think in any way so), I’m just simply listing my achievements, but I do not know if I should even bother now since I’m paranoid about the UC Discrimination as my mother says. If it helps, I’m an asian american.
Thanks in advance!

No. Your mother is wrong.

Um, why would the UCs, some of the most liberal campuses in the country, “discriminate” based on your political affiliation? Your mother is wrong. Feel free to include them on your application.

@skieurope No as in I shouldn’t list these extracurricular activities or no as in no I shouldn’t listen to my mother and list them?

Thanks so much @Qwerty568 ! My mother has a way of twisting words, she always makes me paranoid about little things. I appreciate your advice.

This one.

@skieurope Thank you so much! I appreciate the help :slight_smile:

If anything listing Democrat party should help you. I would worry if you listed Republican Party. But I don’t think you should listening to your mom.

CA is definitely a liberal state, I think it would be fine!

@DrGoogle @newjerseygirl98 Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: