Ucb, Ucla, Ucsd

<p>Hi, just posting this for a friend.</p>

<p>Asian female, Cal resident:</p>

<p>SAT: 720 math, 720 writing, 640 reading (2080 total)</p>

<p>SAT II: BIO 680, 700 IIC </p>

<p>Weighted GPA w/8 semester UC rule: 4.0
Unweighted: 3.6 </p>

<p>government internship at san jose city hall, taking a asian american leadership class at local Community College, ASB at old school in IL + new high school in CA.</p>

<p>undecided major</p>

<p>Specific question: Should she spend a lot of her time studying and retaking SATs, or would it be wiser to take an extremely rigorous course load next year and not worry too much about them?</p>

<p>Chances for UCB, UCLA, and UCSD? Thanks!</p>

<p>
[QUOTE]
ASB at old school in IL

[/QUOTE]
</p>

<p>She should make sure she's a California resident. If she is, then UCSD seems like a match. Someone else can help her with Cal and UCLA,</p>

<p>UCLA: Slightly matched.
UCB: Slightly matched.
UCSD: Slightly matched.</p>

<p>Your friend's SAT score is somewhat, not really, below average who goes to those schools. Their expectancy was around the 2100 so that might get in the way a little bit. It should be fine, thats what I think.</p>

<p>GPA-wise..... It needs to be worked on if your friend wants to apply for those universities. Most of the students I know got above 4.0 and got in one of those school. So you need to worry about this more than the SATs.</p>

<p>EC's sounds nice but seems too less I think but its your friend's choice.</p>

<p>Also you want to becareful with undecided major when you apply to colleges. If your friend wants to major in government, its best to pick one of the government majors cause it will be a lot harder when you try to pick the major during the college years.</p>

<p>UCLA/UCB: Slight reach
UCSD: Match</p>

<p>Hate these posts, just apply and see for yourself, not trying to be rude or anything but everyone on here just looks at your GPA and just base it off that.</p>

<p>I think your friend looks great for an undecided major for all those except for Cal. Cal might be slight reach, but this is only from my personal experience with friends. If she can raise her SATs, at this point its the only thing that'll make a difference. Just don't totally slack off senior year with no APs and such and she should hold be able to hold that fort down. Good luck!</p>