Ucb, Ucsd, Uci &ucd

<p>I have a ucgpa of 3.187.</p>

<p>I tihnk my D in AP Bio in my first semester of junior year is going to affect my chances a lot, but in the second semester, i received a C. I’ve taken 5 courses at a community college:</p>

<p>-Geometry 1 - A
-Geometry 2 - A
-Elem. Chinese 1 - A
-Elem. Chemistry - C
-Human sexuality - B</p>

<p>I think these grades are pulling me down, but my counselor told me that UCs have their own calculations for these. Could I possibly validate my D, if I took Bio. at a community college, AFTER I send in my UC apps (and place this course under “12th grade courses planned second semsester”)?</p>

<p>ECs:
-swimming, 1 year JV, 1 year varsity (medals for 5th place in 2 events and 3rd place in 2 events); swim instructor for 3 years
-art lessons for 7 years; Award of Excellence
-Chinese School; medal for poetry reading
-Peer Educator for Tobacco-Free; Organized a lunch time activity and spoke to younger classmen about tobacco
-Representative for Teens in Libraries; Organized a book drive for New Orleans
-Manager of community services for the Y.E.S. Team (Youth engaged services for the Bay Area Chapter)
-Red Cross Club for 3 years; Vice President; Organized to fundraise for AIDS, Breast Cancer, Measles</p>

<p>I’ve also fought to open a new English Honors class.</p>

<p>I’m not exactly sure where all this is going to get me. I know a friend who was accepted into UCB with a 3.5</p>

<p>what's your SAT score? you probably won't get into any of those schools with a 3.1 though.</p>

<p>a 1680; bio -580, USH - 560, but I'm planning to take ACTs & SAT IIs in Dec.</p>

<p>HUMAN SEXUALITY? What class is that? Is it sex education? Haha...</p>

<p>Well, I think you should really try to raise your test scores....At this point, I can't see you getting into the high or middle UC's, but the lower ones ya...</p>

<p>Did you retake your biology class to get better than a D? You aren't UC eligible if you keep that on there in the first place. Also, you might want to try converting to a UC GPA since they don't take your freshman year grades into account. Assuming freshman year grades taken off bumps your GPA up ~.2, then UCI and UCD might be slight reaches. UCSD and Berkeley are reaches with that SAT though. I would look at UCSC in this position as a match.</p>