**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@phatdoggo looking back at class of 2023 and 2022, May 7th seems to be the target date of the first wave. No one replied that they were rejected within the first wave (at least within the threads on this site), so it appears that it will be all acceptances.

That’s a long time from now : \

We can only hope that this weird year will lead to early waitlist decisions!

with all the senior year grades talk, do we have to submit both a transcript AND input the classes or is it just one or the other?

I don’t think so. I think it is either/or.

Does anyone have thoughts as to how the pandemic will affect the waitlist? UCB Chancellor Carol Christ said “we face an uncertain enrollment picture for the fall, particularly in regard to out-of-state and international students”. So it stands that if Berkeley wants to keep its ratios (and get full OOS tuition) then OOS students on the WL could be in really good shape.

The situation is so unprecedented, that there is unfortunately really no way to try to predict what will happen with enrollment for international students, OOS, or from the waitlist. We’ll just have to be patient.

I’m confused. if we just want to be considered for regular admission, do we just leave the pathway boxes blank or do we have to pick one?

I think if you put it down, if you get taken off the waitlist you might have t

I think if you pick one and get taken off the waitlist, you might have to do the pathway as a condition for your entry. So I guess if you just wanna be considered for regular admission and not the pathway then don’t select the box

Does anyone have any idea what the EECS waitlist admit rate might be? Also, is the rate higher for in-state or OOS/int’l applicants?

I’m confused about the pathways. I applied as a bioengineering major. The waitlist letter says to “let [them] know which first-year pathways you would be willing to accept if offered a space.” If I got admitted off the waitlist, will it be for the major I applied for in my original application? Should I be specifying other majors I’d be willing to accept in my optional waitlist essay? Is there a good chance I’ll be admitted undeclared?

Anyone college of natural resource waitlist? Do you know what the admit rate for that of the waitlist is? Harder, same, or easier than L and S?

How can they realistically be offering London and Hong Kong as pathways for the Fall? Seriously? That’s not going to happen.

Lodon we probabaly can and HK definitely, so I think HK is like different from the other two paths

@Sisternight @FallAutumnLeaf , I don’t know how the Hong Kong program works. If you have to go to HK in the Fall, then I’d say for sure it will be put on hold. The London program has already modified the summer portion of their program to online. Everything has to be ready to go in September: Travel restrictions, Visas, London University classes, dorms/apartments. Thats about 4.5 months away. I would bet that it does not happen this year.

How long are your essays? I know it said longer essays are not necessarily helpful but I used 499 words! I wanted to explain as much as I could and I could use the help of some of the proffessors that would help further some of my activities that I am currently doing. Should I try and shorten it or just keep it at this length because I am sure it’s my final draft.

On the wait-list form there are slots for your course/grades. They give 6 slots for 6 classes, but what if I am enrolled in 7 classes? There’s no extra space to add.

All you can do is upload an unofficial transcript. If you can’t, maybe email uc berkeley quickly so you hear back asap.

I would keep as long as you convey ur point and it’s under 500.

@hollymin same issue, and there’s no UC Berkeley email. I’m not sure how omitting a class would be. Since this information is optional, I thought it would be okay. I’m not really sure what should be done lol. Any idea, anyone??

I dont have a transcript :confused:

Here is their admission’s phone number: 510-642-3175. Or, you can send them an inquiry through this link: https://apply.berkeley.edu/apply/form?id=1412856a-10d5-4a2f-88f5-146e121a5a0e.