**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

The earlier wave

@hopefulacademic I really hope so. But Iā€™m getting worried for my chances now bc Iā€™m L&S OOS

how are there no traditional pathway spots left in L&S??? Isnā€™t berkeley supposedly under enrolled?

Thatā€™s what I said based on what others were saying earlier in the thread

in state, l&s cs, no update, no glitch, nothing lol.
will say iā€™ve been very anxious lately about berkeley. itā€™s been a dream since i started thinking about college. but right now, i feel calm and just a little anxious. letā€™s be honest - none of us can predict whatā€™s going to happen next for those of us who havenā€™t heard back yet. we canā€™t say thereā€™ll be a wave tomorrow, or a big wave for oos/intl, etc. i mean, we were wrong about the timing of todayā€™s wave. so, i think we all need to really just love the schools weā€™re committed to. i know i am really happy with where i committed, and i think you all should be as well! easier said than done, i know. but the school you committed to wanted you, and they saw something in you to offer you admission. they were confident that youā€™d find success on their campus, and since you chose them as well, you probably were at least somewhat convinced of the same. so letā€™s just be happy about that and if berkeley does surprise us, great for us! but if not, remember, weā€™re still headed somewhere that we can thrive at.

So I got rejected but I have been watching this thread closely since I am appealing as an Instate student. It does not make sense that they would not have a large OOS/INT wave next week. They lost $200 million alone in March and specifically said that they would need to up OOS/int enrollment to make some revenue. Also, for those that think they are for sure rejected: there will 100% be another wave next Friday. They have been following traditional time lines even in light of this pandemic and every year they have a second wave a week following the first. Godspeed.

Please like this comment if you got in but didnā€™t submit any of your senior year grades on the waitlist form. Just curious to see if I shouldnā€™t have because mine werenā€™t great.

I get that there SHOULD be more OOS/INT coming in, but there are only 700 spots in FPF as people have mentionedā€¦ we thought that this yearā€™s waitlist would be larger than ever but Berkeley admitted 2,000 off the waitlist in one of the other years, itā€™s not adding up smh

Would there be another wave for IS?

yeah Iā€™m confused as well. Everything that we initially thought seems to be in question now.

like I said we are def missing something here. We all can agree the Waitlist was supposed to be used very deeply his year but I feel like maybe UCB thought that what they had was mangeable.

Happy and relieved to get admitted to no. 1 public school! Have a better offer so relinquishing OOS CLS-Biological Sciences admission. Hopefully someone deserved student gets admitted.
Good luck all !

@ravip3 yeah i agree. Iā€™m OOS L&S and i was hoping for traditionalā€¦ but if all thatā€™s left is 600 smth FPF spots iā€™m definitely confused.

Did any l&s cs student get in? Iā€™m also an l&s cs student with no update.

how much time do accepted people have to SIR? i want to know when the second wave might be

@kash123 lol i love how every other school is going deep into their waitlist but the one school I want to go to, Berkeley, is just casually waiting it out.

Iā€™m confused, I didnā€™t receive any notifications, but people around me who I know have lower stats and ECs have gotten in :frowning: Also, do they send a rejection letter at the very end?

Did anyone at all get the regular option for L&S?

@sariseo I feel you lmao I believe i saw someone with a 1300 get in earlier. Very confused and upset right now, just gotta hope for the best ig. Yeah they send rejections June 1

@cjd114 Oh Hi! I was at first rejected during the RD. You mean after your appeal letter, you heard your updated decision again? I think for students who appealed their decisions, theyā€™re supposed to receive the updates a few hours after the second wave. Whatever, I agree with what you said. I love the school I committed. I gave up UCSD, UCSB, UCI, and KSB, and I am ready to go to UW as a pre social science student. Good luck everyone. Smile and be happy with everything!