**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

This is a repost @MathBoy20 , so dont count this, bc people were asking about pathway

Admitted.
In-state, Bay Area, L & S,
FPF or Spring Semester. (no GLobal Edge bc too young)

11:59 PM on May 14 is the deadline to accept the offer.

Good luck!

Lol can someone check how many people have joined the ucb facebook groups?

there wonā€™t be a wave. At best itā€™s gonna be a few individuals getting calls.

I think, after today, I will assume rejection. Not because I want to be pessimistic or UCB is done accepting oos L&S students, but because my constant anxiety and speculation regarding Berkeleyā€™s waitlist system is simply unproductive for me. I want to learn to love and appreciate the school that I am currently committed to without my proverbial fingers crossed for a potential wave where I am admitted to UCB. Though I donā€™t think that there is truly no chance for me to be accepted in the future, I believe that prioritizing my developing appreciation for my current school is ultimately more important. I donā€™t want to speak for anyone else here because Iā€™m not in the position to do so; however, I do personally think that we should keep Berkeley in mind while remaining engaged in our current admission into our respective schools that saw something special within each of us.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who were admitted today.

@FallAutumnLeaf how can you be so sure? Traditionally, there have always been 2 waves.

@FallAutumnLeaf last year and the year before that there were two waves. with the second a week after the first.

I am just going to move on from here and just appreciate the school that I have committed to but I am genuinely frustrated and confused as to how this waitlist for UCB has started out. It makes no sense considering what had been said in this discussion.

@jaffa1 @scrambro could you please try and find out if thereā€™s going to be another wave and if there is, which demographic/colleges itā€™s going to be focused on?

I checked my portal when others on this thread said that decisions were out, I got an email around 5:05 pm EST

@kash123 we all say that but we know ur not pressing withdraw application LMAO

The trend is clear that itā€™s going to be IS. UCB knows that IS will accept more than OOS, and even when they are losing money, they want to make sure people will go and IS is a better indication of that. I am not saying itā€™s 100 not possible but at this point you really shouldnā€™t be having too much hope. And most people will commit to UCB, and i think its already obvious now that most people still decided to go to UCB amid COVID.
I have been through a lot this past week and while not getting into UCB was a disappointment, it doesnā€™t affect me much anymore. I hope everyone can just be appreciative of what they have, enjoy every seconds of their life and no regrets. Those are what really matter in life.

lol ofc Iā€™m not. anyways I think for everyone left right now it comes down to getting accepted during the next wave or bust.

Iā€™m a waitlisted OOS student with no updates. Been following the thread closely recently, and thank you to everyone updating! I feel the solidarity with people who didnā€™t get their update today, itā€™s helped me feel better about it fs. I wish you all the absolute best with whatever school youā€™re planning on attending!!!

Guys I read the FPF website but I am a bit confused. Is it just for one semester and then we can join the traditional one after that? Also is it on the UCBā€™s main campus?

@Columbus169 yes itā€™s only for one semester but thereā€™s a higher probability that you will have to take classes in SF or the extension building I believe for the fall semester. The commute is pretty much the only downside as you wonā€™t feel the CAL aspect for the first semester in terms of taking classes on campus. However, you can still participate in clubs and other organizations. Congrats on getting in!

I am IS, CoE, no glitch, no update. Not even a rejection letter. I think there either will be a second wave for the rest of the colleges, like CoE and CoC, or there wonā€™t be one at all. The second wave would have to be pretty soon, given that we only have 6 days to get an SIR plus more forms in.

@Columbus169 Itā€™s only for fall semester. It is not on campus. They are actually moving the building to a much newer place on University. You can walk through campus or take the bus to get there. After the fall semester at FPF you can start taking classes on main campus. I actually was in FPF last year as I got off the waitlist.

@hopefulacademic The classes are actually not in SF. They are right near the campus. You can also take 1-2 unit classes on main campus (i.e. PE courses, which is what I did). All classes are in one building. This is the address if you guys want to know: 1995 University Avenue. The new building is supposed to be a very big upgrade from the previous building that was used which didnā€™t even have AC in most rooms which is exciting.

I wonder if the next wave will be more focused on CoE/CNR/CoC since this one was so L&S heavy. Regardless, Iā€™m done with obsessing over this waitlist. Itā€™s time to move forward. Iā€™ll check back in a week.