**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

FPF classes are off campus in an extension building. It is one semester, and it costs about $2K more for that semester. Take a look at the list of classes they offer and make sure you can take the classes you want/need for your major.

Hey guys, I’ve been admitted during this wave in CoE (not EECS tho). I’m a US citizen that is living international so I think im considered OOS. I dont know if i have the glitch because i literally thought i have no chance of getting in. Best of luck to yall

@jaffa1 pls give any news about any further waves

@ahutch2001 Thank you so much for your reply. Do you think FPF was as good as traditional? How was your experience?

@Columbus169 I was in FPF in the Fall sem. It’s a good course to start your time at cal with. Its like 5 min away from campus and you can take a few courses on campus as well. I liked my experience there because of the small class sizes and the fact you had a personal relationship with your professors.

@Armaanaggu where do FPF students live? In the regular dorms with the traditional students? Can you join a sorority as an FPF student?

Thank you so much. It is really helpful. One last thing, I was reading the previous threads and they said that you have to start in spring for FPF. So does it start in spring 2021 or fall 2020?

@akjerae1 Yes. The only thing that is different about traditional campus and FPF is that you have separate classes. You live in the same dorms, you eat at the same dining halls and you can take part in all campus activities. FPF is only for one semester and in spring you’ll be on main campus.

@Columbus169 I think FPF is a good way to transition to college. I don’t know how to new facility will be, but if it’s an upgrade from the previous one then it’ll surely be great. You get to really know your professors because of the smaller class sizes. I think students tend to get higher grades in comparison to those who start on main campus. The only downsides are price and the fact that courses are pretty limited. If you go on the FPF website there is a list of the courses that are offered. Since it’s a program for L&S, you all have to complete certain breadth courses and FPF is a great way of getting those breadth courses over with. I know some of my friends who started on main campus and have only like one or two breadth courses completed, whereas I am going to be done with all my breadth courses after this upcoming semester which means I can really focus on my major classes. Also, you start Fall 2020.

@Columbus169 FPF is Fall Program for Freshman so it takes place only in the Fall

just got off the waitlist for eecs! traditional path & intl student.

did anyone get off the waitlist for EECS?

Thank you so much guys for your help. It means a lot!!!

I GOT IN GO BEARS INSTATE COLLEGE OF CHEMISTRY GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

got into letters & sciences off waitlist a couple hours go on traditional route (no FPF), international.

Does anyone have any information on 2020 Global Edge?

@xtanyax Yes for sure I will try.

I just got in for FPF, how do I withdraw my SIR to my other school?

Yeah I was wondering about that too. I’m surprised that they’re offering GEL as an option considering the virus.

@SentirXhaka so traditional pathway is still an option??