**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@scrambro thank you so much and congrats!

I am trying to find out about the next wavesā€“Iā€™ll provide an update the moment I get it.

I am oos and someone from my school got in for L&S but they are declining because apparently they just stayed on just to see if they got in. Is there a chance that that L&s spot could go to me. I donā€™t know how this process works so someone let me know.

this is probably gonna sound salty but why the hell would people opt in ā€œjust to see if they will get inā€ if they wonā€™t go in the first place. just makes me mad because that person could be taking a spot from many of us who are dying to go to berkeley

what email can i use to contact the admissions office?

yea when I heard about it I was so pissed but it is whatever now. They are declining for sure so it should open up a spot for someone int the next wave.

I havenā€™t had any changes to my portal and Iā€™m instate L&S . Fingers crossed for the second wave

how do u cancel ur sir for your other school?

It does not seem to be a large wave of offers?

wait so does anyone know how the WL thing works. If people like decline offers off of the waitlist to UCB, then does that still open up some spots for the second wave. from my school like I said one person for LS is declining and I am waitlisted for LS as well.

Yeah I was thinking it didnā€™t seem like very many people

I didnā€™t hear yet and I am international L&S Applicant. Do you think I have chance? This wave seems to be smaller than expected and I thought they would use wait list way more than this. Did they over enroll? Otherwise, unless they give several more waves, this seems to not make sense. Also I see some people saying only like 700 spots left which is devastating.

anyone from china got accepted? i am from china L&S

I honestly donā€™t get why Berkeley would select less OOS/International

My D got off the waitlist this morning: OOS, L&S PFP, with glitch (a couple of days ago). Before we received an email, the portal changed for offering admission. I saw the offer first at 1:30pm on the portal and then my D received an email around 1:50pm. I hope it helps!

Hopefully, they make it up in the next wave or waves if they have multiple. I really hope they give most oos/intl a good shot.

Good luck!!

Does this mean that if Im in state, I basically dont realistically really have a chance anymore?

do u guys think berkeley would care if i cancelled 2 ap tests?

do you guys think berkeley was going deeply into their waitlist for the first wave?
Iā€™m hella scared rnā€¦