**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@lulustar - I feel the same way. I honestly don’t know anymore cuz initially it was mostly in state-dominated but there were actually quite a few oos people that got in as well as a few intl. I hope they take more oos with their next wave

International LS no glitch no acceptance letter. I feel like roughly half of the intl applicants gained admission, which is what I thought would happen. Damn shame. If there is another wave, so be it. I’m not getting my hopes up over berkeley ever again.

@jaffa1 any updates on how/when the next wave will come through and/or look?

This is about 5 hours late but I got into CoE OOS today! Hoping everyone else here can get in during the next wave, you all deserve it. :slight_smile:

I really don’t think that’s the case. Remember, so much on this thread has been speculation based on a small fraction of waitlisted applicants that know of and actively comment on the thread. For all we know, they actually could have accepted a large portion OOS, with the next wave being primarily focused on IS. The best thing to do is to ride this one out.

@Dan2elCh5 Why would you think around half of intl students got their offer if there are like only 10 intl students claiming that they got off the wait list here. Though CC is small sample size, 10-20 is too less.

Could someone who was admitted today please let us know how many FPF spots are left, if its still visible to you? Thanks!

Instate. CNR. Accepted. I chose traditional pathway around 4pm. Some people mentioned that there was no choice around 3:30pm.

last time i checked there were 630 spots and that was like an hour ago @collegeappacc

I feel like I won’t actually commit to Berkeley(if I get in) if I’m only restricted to fpf or gel. For me specifically, I will only pay oos tuition if I can enroll through the traditional pathway.

Quick note of advice: Do NOT cancel your AP exams. There is an agreement that you have to sign for UCB that says, among other things, “I promise to complete all scheduled AP exams”.

if there are 630 fpf spots left then I m assuming they are gonna use all those spots up within the next wave. Also are all the traditional spots for LS filled already?

@scrambro Thanks for providing information! I have couple of questions.
1.Do you know what happened to today’s wave? Was it supposed to be mixture of IS/OOS/INTL and also do you know if first wave was majority of wait-list acceptance? I was expecting more :frowning:

2.Is there 2nd wave, if so, approximately when do you think will be?

1. Do you know the chances for INTL now? I am willing to stay and wait in wait list but I hope at least there are some chances.

Thank you.

@jaffa1 It would be great if you also can provide information on this if you have any idea on this.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

omg i haven’t gotten off of the waitlist but I cancelled two of my AP tests. any advice on what i should do

I was admitted today but didn’t pay deposit yet. How do you check how many spots are left for traditional pathway?

UCLA released another wave today. It seems they are doing like almost every 2-3 days. I hope Cal does that too and wish still many spots are available.

*Congratulations to everyone who got off the wait list!

*Did anyone apply/get accepted/waiting for Global Studies Major?

Hey guys! I just wonder if there is any intl students applying for CoC got accepted. I felt like there were not many CoC students being accepted, and the few who got accepted were all in state.

same. i was admitted today but I cancelled one of my ap test. I’m freaking out rn.

@phatdoggo my friends who were admitted directly all cancelled their AP tests so its fine it shouldn’t be a big deal

Wow looks like UCLA is using their WL actively while Cal just released their first wave. Hopes up for better usage of the WL but I highly doubt it!