**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Yes, definitely was supposed to be a mixture of IS/OOS/Intl - Only because this is what they did last year on the first wave

I was lead to believe that there would be a 2nd wave. I do not know when that would be. I would predict May 17th (or later), based on last year’s dates.

I wish I knew the answer to that . I do not.

was this wave considered a small wave? As far as my observation It was a lot of In state acceptances with a decent amount of oos. Also I hope cal releases them frequently instead of waiting for a week.

For those still on the WL what are you doing about roomates at the school you’re currently committed to? I don’t know whether to move forward in the process of finding a roommate if I’m still holding out for one more week

@griffen14 I’m gonna start finding one now, USC housing portal closes on the 17th and idk when the next cal wave is gonna be so I might as well start finding one this week.

@jaffa1 if you see this and have any other info PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us. (IS L&S)

I honestly feel like I let myself and everyone down today. I’m no longer going to one of my dream schools. I thought i came close. So many waitlists. My hopes were astronomical for Berkeley. Now, I don’t really have anywhere to go. I did get into a couple of other good schools, but I can’t come anywhere close to affording them. This is probably the end of the road for me and my life. I don’t know whether I should keep waiting in hopes that some luck favors me or not. If anyone has any insider info PLEASE respond to this.

This process was so upsetting for me, and I don’t feel like I have any reason to be here. I really hope someone can please atleast tell me what’s going on and if I still have a shot.

Sorry for the rant, this is honestly really depressing and upsetting. I was swayed by people saying this would be the best year ever for acceptances, and I thought I had a good shot. But it’s over now. It could be the end of the road for me. I should’ve known with the glitch.

Insiders PLEASE help us ASAP.

Peace

@Gumbymom do you know if the second wave for most years is usually better for non-L&S applicants?

I am oos LS and Im really hoping I can get in off the second wave at least for fpf if not the traditional route. How are the chances looking like tho for oos?

@kash123 I dunno dude. I was really banking on almost all the OOS/Intl kids getting off today. I’d say nobody can know anything now. From what it looks like though, this first wave was anything but small. About half the folk here got in off the first wave, which is what was projected. A lot more IS and a much fewer OOS/Intl than expected though. IG a lot of the speculation was incorrect. The first wave is usually the biggest, so I’d say don’t get your hopes up.

@plsadmitthanks: For this year, all bets are off when it comes to predicting whom and when the next wave will accept. This year is so different than other years, it is impossible to know what is going to happen.

My advice over the years for any waitlisted student is to embrace the schools that shown their love by accepting you and if you are lucky to be accepted off the waitlist, then it is icing on the cake.

Do you guys think berkeley will follow previous trends or if they will have consecutive/frequent waves?

Nobody really knows anymore. I think we all just wait until insiders gain info.

Insiders pleaseeeee. Can anyone check how many FPF slots there are as of rn. Today was a sad day…

^^^

@scrambro what’s happens if i cancelled before i found out

there are 599 spots for fpf, but just keep in mind some people (like myself) just probaby haven’t confirmed their spot yet.

also was everyone who taken off the waitlist today offered only fpf or global edge? agree w/ this comment if u were

help!! Do they ever deny students? or do they just keep accepting until the class is full

They accept students little by little until the end of may, which is when they reject the remaining applicants. Which will probably include me lmao.

599 spots available = 599 spots yet to confirm?

yes. They want to fill those spots or they wouldnt have offered them in the first place

wait I have a question. did anyone that get in today get in through the traditional route for LS or was everyone offered only through fpf or global edge? Also for the next wave for LS, if there are no traditional spots left, then Im assuming those 500 seats or whatever for fpf will be taken up by whoever get in thru that wave and I think that would wrap it up for LS at least.