**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

I’m not even sure if I want to submit grades, still debating with myself. Wondering if I send them an inquiry, then will that require me to send grades. They aren’t reachable by phone.

Thanks @goin2college0

@hollymin please do post here if u get any info. Thanks

I technically have 2 “schedule changes” , so I may just list those and hope they understand I didnt have space for all my others. Would like to submit ASAP and not keep it to the last day

@collegeappacc yeah, I’d just get it in. Don’t sweat the schedule too much. It appears that UCs are going easy on that anyway.

How important is the Fall senior year GPA? Are they using that to weigh merits of the student? I thought UCs only use 10th-11th grade for admission? Or is it more like a screening device to check that you didn’t get any really bad grades or drop classes?

@Sisternight I mean, it’s optional, so it can’t matter much. The essay matters way more, ik of a lot of people who got in w/o listing it. Ik of one person who only put his A’s.

@scrambro It’s either my 2 schedule changes and 4 of my classes (which ppl have suggested) or my 2 schedule changes and nothing else.

I dont think it will matter a ton, especially since it is optional i dont think theyll hold it against me unless I explicitly lie, but not sure

When listing my grades, does +/- matter or can I just list the letter only?

@evysee You can put +/- if you want to but UCs disregard those anyways.

Also, with regard to grades, if you have more than 6 classes but not all are A-G, just list the A-G classes . . . .I have 7 classes, so I left out my tutoring class (where I tutor other students in science), because that grade does not count for UCs anyway.

@seperatelayer the thing is they are all A-G so I’m not sure.
Might just list the 2 “schedule changes” , as 2 were college level 1 semester classes, which also have hs credit.

If you upload transcripts, then you don’t need to list out the classes as well, right?

do you guys think not listing my senior year grades will hurt me? i had two C- first semester, so i didn’t list them but now i feel like it will hurt me

Thanks to @firmament2x on the UCLA WL board for some reminders about last year’s WL notifications dates. For UCB The first wave of notifications was Tuesday, May 7th. The second wave was THursday, May 16th. There was a third notification around the 25th of May that was all rejections.

IF THEY ARE ON THE SAME SCHEDULE, that translates to:

Tues, May 5th, 2020 1st wave of notifications
Thurs, May 14th, 2020 2nd wave of notifications
End of May - Rejections

@collegeappacc Is this true?? I didn’t submit my grades because it lowered my GPA but I didn’t get C’s.

Also guys I’m scared that I’m probably not getting off the waitlist since I didn’t submit the grades and also a bunch of people from my school are committing to Berkeley… but i feel like i wrote a good essay…

@Cupcakes833 I know 3 people who didnt submit and were still admitted from last year.

I am on the waitlist, and am submitting my application right now. I have a question about grades. The waitlist form asks for 3 sets of grades: “fall”, “winter” and “spring”. My high schools is on the traditional semester system–should I just list grades for “fall”, and leave “winter” and “spring” blank? Thank you in advance.

@jaffa1 in that case, i would just upload the transcript like many of us are doing

@Gumbymom Do I have a higher chance of getting in off the waitlist if fewer people were admitted from my school this year than in recent years?

Based on these recent comments it seems like some are wondering what their chances are of getting in off the waitlist depending on the number of kids that got in from their school. I’m in the same situation as from my school 4 kids got in which is the highest number so far from past years. I asked a similar question last week about whether my waitlist chances also depend on the number of kids that get in from my school but I was told that UC’s don’t set a cap or limit of the number of kids that get in from a certain school.

@plsadmitthanks: As stated in post #218, there is no quota by school so there is no way to know how many in any given year, UCB will accept from your school.