**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@RifaSanj I’m going to Rice

@maglor1 If you are going to say no, please do it now. Don’t wait until the last minute so you can check the numbers. Please give admissions as much time as possible to consider who will be in the next wave. There are plenty of people here who are undecided and can check for us. Good luck wherever you are going!

I might withdraw as well because I don’t think fpf is really worth it that much as I want to do pre-med. Still undecided tho so I might take a few days

I guess I would stay on since you dont really know what will happen or what you might be offered despite what is reported here. nothing to lode imho

@maglor1 I really appreciate you offering to do that but I think it would be best to turn it down asap in case they are determining the size of the next wave on the basis of the people who turn down this one.

All right fair enough. I’ve declined my offer

any update on the number of spots left for LS?

@kash123 chill. You either get in or you don’t. Check back in a five days.

That is very respectable, thank you. Also, what major did you apply to at Berkeley, was it COE?

@griffen14 haha I wish we could ?

can someone update us with how many fpf spots r left?

its ap week! good luck everyone!!

@vickyhhhhh0906 I don’t think knowing the number is all that telling at this point. People have a time a by which they need to respond I think people accepted in this wave will either accept or not, and then when the deadline comes, knowing that number will become relevant. A minute by minute count will just drive everyone crazy because its not meaningful. If the number is zero after the deadline then we will know. My guess is some will accept, and some wont. the number wont be zero, and more offers will go out.

@yczhou777 Someone has said they have insider information saying that is the case. But it is conceivable that people will drop out as other waitlists move. Unclear if a candidate from traditional pathway dropping out will mean they will move someone already accepted to that slot, or accept a new person for it. But it seems that they are trying to fill the fpf slots now. Probably was under-enrolled.

I have been monitoring the FB page for UCB and all the kids that joined recently are all LS which is no surprise. One thing to note is that as I was scrolling down, there were tons of in-state kids that got in compared to oos. I would say like every 5-6 in state posts, there was one oos post. However, I am still not really relying on the FB group to really indicate anything significant but it is worth considering.

@mathcsb The overall situation is under-enrollment for this year’s admission. The procedure by which Berkeley is to fill up the seats is beyond our expectation. Even UCLA is not a good reference in this regard.

do you guys think that the second wave is gonna be mainly oos/international, or will there likely be a good amount of instate too?

Got in for L&S on Friday. 2 more friends from another high school also got in for L&S. I’m IS Premed. Good luck to everyone who hasn’t received a response yet. I didn’t have the glitch and I still got in so I guess the FAQ glitch didn’t matter. However, I’m in FPF so I don’t know at the moment if I should go. I SIR to UCLA already, but Cal is closer to home and a bunch of my friends are going, so I will be switching. It might seem dumb, but Cal was my dream school. I would hate to live in LA tbh.

for those interested…current FPF/GE count:

FPF: 471
GE: 72

will try to update once day until daughter decides.

@frackinwaitlist I’ve lived in Los Angeles my whole life and it is the best city in the world! The weather is always great and it rains probably 10-15 times the whole year. The food is also so good and UCLA is beautiful since it’s in the heart of Beverly Hills. I hope you choose whatever school is best for you, but LA is a great place to live!