**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

So not even half the original spaces have been filled yet? Given that no traditional paths were offered. That’s good, isn’t it?

@Scrambro I believe Chancellor Christ has said it will be a mix of offline and online. Though I don’t know if that will ultimately be the case, for now, I think the school is making plans based on a hybrid model where some students and/or classes will be on campus. For instance, athletes maybe on campus as they need to train. I only say this because I’m an athlete, and I got an email today from the coach notifying that our early move-in date is 8/17. Hope this helps.

There are still more than 450 spots left for LS(FPF + GE) and I am ASSUMING most people have committed already. I don’t see why people would wait till tomorrow or Thursday, worst case maybe tomorrow but I don’t think people would wait till Thursday to submit. So I hope this wave gets most of us in.

@Goldenbearfan I hope UC has a plan to manage this in a hybrid scenario. That would be great. Some on-campus activity and housing would be so great for everyone, especially incoming freshmen.

What sport do you play?

@scrambro swimming

do any of you have the admitted faq glitch?

no glitches here. I don’t think UCB knows who to admit in yet because the deadline is still two days away. They will make a decision on Friday and hopefully release waves then or on Monday

What do you guys think of the GE program? Would you do it if you got off the waitlist and there were no FPF spots? Why or why not?

@gamingftw453 - i would def consider it. GE is gonna be online this year anyways but I honestly haven’t heard much about the program and what it is about

GE is a pretty good way to complete some breadths, get a study abroad experience, and a lot of students find it pretty fun - many of them visit other countries over the weekends, can partake in activities hosted by the other universities in London, etc (although this year is probably different).

I’m in a program where GE is mandatory, and I was initially worried about “starting” at Berkeley in the spring, but it seems interesting, although costlier. but if it’s the absolute last option and Berkeley is your #1 choice, I don’t see why you wouldn’t consider it :smile:

oh so is Ge both for the spring quarter and winter quarter? And then are the next 3 years just like normal as in staying on campus at ucb

@yootyoot what program are you in?

@nkaoetn381 I think he/she is in the Global Management Program. GE is mandatory for them as far as I know.

Not sure what you mean but GE is a program for the fall semester, and you would return in time for the spring semester (so 3.5 years on campus)! And yes I am in GMP, so GE is something I’ve tried to learn more about and I’m pretty excited for it (assuming we’re back to normal by then)

Can someone update us on how many FPF and GE spots are left? Also what is the deadline for the first wave to accept their spot.

@gamingftw453 the deadline to accept is this Thursday (5/14)

Hello I’m new to this thread and I wanted to know the exact dates for our waves. Does anyone know?

@Dlaguswls33 there’s no exact date but according to @jaffa1 who has insider information, the next wave is set to be next Monday or Tuesday.

do you guys think this next wave is gonna be small like last year? Considering that they have been sticking to the norm even in this situation seems to worry me a little.

@Kash123 Nobody knows really. Considering less than half the FPF spots have been taken so far and basically nobody did GEL, I’m guessing the second wave should be decently large. With my luck, I’m still not getting in probably lol.