**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

It’s just honestly really really unbelievable that Cal has 0 traditional spots left. We’d all appreciate it a ton if an insider could understand why, but it just seems like there should be waaay more traditional spots left.

Is there any point contacting my ao now lol just to give me a slight chance for the tiny third wave?

I don’t think there will be a third wave of acceptances considering the extremely few number of spots left in fpf/gel already, all of which would most likely be gone by the end of the week.

@Rarecreature101 I’m sure there’ll be a third wave – for one appeal acceptances are usually given 2 hours after the second, final wave of waitlist decisions. None have been given yet. Furthermore, our insider suggested long ago, that Cal pre-planned a third wave of WL acceptances. I’m certain we’ll have a third wave, of some form.

Hey so I got off the waitlist and trying to apply for housing, but the portal keeps giving me errors and I checked online that housing is over already. Does UCB just randomly assign us room?

@FallAutumnLeaf usually housing application becomes available only day later after submitting SIR. The deadline is adjusted for students accepted off the waitlist

@FallAutumnLeaf you probably want to bump this over the UCB Class of 2024 page or to one of the 2024 FB pages. If you post it on the CC page, ask @Walter924. He is a wealth of knowledge and very helpful
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-berkeley/2166051-ucb-freshman-class-of-2024-discussion.html#latest

I think game is over then.

Sure is.

@harvardptonwlboi Yes, looks like it went up - maybe someone switched their choice? Here are latest numbers. I am not going to UCB so I will keep updating here:

FPF: 64
GE: 65

@WCWSM52 It seems frivolous now but if you aren’t going to go remove yourself from the waitlist at Cal. That way they know your official decisions and if there is a third wave they can plan now.

for some reason my portal shows 4 addresses. i haven’t had this before. any idea what this means?

This has been really depressing – Berkeley’s worst WL year yet. I think we all should just withdraw. I just hit the button to withdraw and moved on to bigger better things. AT this point last year, there were the same number of WL FPF+GE Slots as there are rn, and we all know there was no third wave last year. I think until we withdraw, we won’t have any peace of mind, and can’t focus on our committed college. Hitting the button improved my mentality exponentially, and I think we should just hit it.

i agree. there’s no purpose in us keeping our applications in other than just being depressed. really heartbroken about this.

@temp0912 go back a couple of pages and then a couple of pages more for the address glitch discussion.

TLDR: The address glitch doesn’t mean anything.

has anyone on the waitlist been rejected? I just want a rejection, so I can have some closure smh

@jaffa1

Do you happen to have any other information on the third wave? As in when it’ll be or the size? Thanks!

Appeals receive their decisions a couple of hours after the final WL wave. Seeing as absolutely no one has received their appeals, it appears that ya’ll have another wave coming.

My guess is this Monday/Tuesday, as they seem to be weekly.
I’m an appealer, my chances are relatively miserable, and I totally get the anxiety. Wherever we go, we’ll do a great job—staying here on the WL or holding out for the Appeal just highlights dedication, persistence, and patience, all qualities in absolute demand in the working world.
My greater point is, try not to assign too much value to this process—it’s just an avenue of growth that may or may not be better than the alternative pathway we have in front of us. Everything will be ok, regardless of the WL / Appeal decision :slight_smile:

@FallAutumnLeaf
Yeah May 2nd.

Email the people. It’s either housing or reslife @berkeley or something. It’s on the website.
You got off the waitlist? They should have something to fill out for you. There’s different timelines. I know a ton of waitlist people in the dorms and they definitely didn’t apply by May 2nd if they got off the waitlist.
I messed up my housing the first time, after getting a housing offer, because I didn’t realize we got berkeley.edu emails that they sent the offer to. They put me on a housing waitlist and I got put in Clark Kerr eventually. And if that doesn’t work, I’m graduating and still trying to get rid of my spot in an apartment. It’s a buyers housing market right now until they decide whether fall is online or not. Which they’re not deciding until June. If it’s online, they’ll close most of the residence halls and let people back out of on campus housing.
Fun fact: Female btw. Walter is my dog. Should have went with Molly, my Webkinz when I was 8.

Hey guys!
I’m an international student waitlisted for EECS. Do I give up? Or are there chances for me? Also can someone please explain me the pathways.