**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@collegeappacc Our CA school had the exact same thing, we had 10-15 admits compared to about 50 in previous years

@plsadmitthanks , exact same situation at our norcal feeder school, we might go to the same school or maybe all similar schools had this problem. Did you guys have a lot of regents early admits, and do you have any idea of approximately how many kids got WL from your school.

Iā€™m not sure about the number of school admits we had but I sure hope they admit some amount of in-state students off the waitlist this year. I think if they want to admit people off the waitlist before the May 1 SIR, theyā€™d have to do it sometime this week to give enough time for those admits to submit their decision by May 1.

@homosapiens , they always do admit a lot of in state off the WL, and use it somewhat heavily. Iā€™m sure a lot of OOS as well as instate will be admitted this year since Berkeleyā€™s WL admit is p high usually. For context almost all my in state friends who got WL last year made it in

oh wow I really hope thatā€™s the case this year! Iā€™m trying to fall in love with the school Iā€™m SIRing too but havenā€™t really accepted that Iā€™ll likely go there in the Fall (well, virtually) since Iā€™m still holding out a little hope for my waitlists. Iā€™d go to any of those over the one I have going for me right now. Either way Iā€™m sure itā€™ll work out in the end and good luck!

Just got an email about the FPF program, inviting me to the ā€œCal Week Fall Program for Freshman Events.ā€ Did anyone else receive this email for those who selected this as an alternate pathway?

@eagerundergrad2 I pmā€™d you.

I opted for FPF but havenā€™t received anything. Are you in-state or OOS? I donā€™t know anymore than you do but maybe this is good news for you!

@homosapiens OOS! And thank you :slight_smile:

Maybe that means theyā€™re starting to look at waitlists for a low OOS/International yield early. Anyone in-state receive this email?

In state, did not receive it.

In-state, did not receive. RIP.

@eagerundergrad2 any changes on your berkeley portal?

@collegeappacc No changes yet. Let me know if you eventually receive the email though!

yeah, when was the event it invited you too. and probably congrats as well lol!

In state didnā€™t receive anything either. F

@homosapiens are you in state or out of state?

@collegeappacc The events are this week ā€“ starting tomorrow. Thank you!! But who knows, this may be totally random, :confused:

in state, didnā€™t receive it either

oos didnt recieve anything. I hope this isnā€™t a bad sign