**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@nkaoetn381 same

I donā€™t think it is gonna come today

why

this lol

Apparently UCLA is extending until augustā€¦ maybe berk too? but my AO emailed me saying there would be a wave at the end of may?

If there was a wave at the end of may then we got rejected lol

Did someone email yet and ask what is going on? If we donā€™t hear anything tonight I will send something asking how long they plan to keep us waiting for.

When I emailed my AO last week, they did say ā€œby early Juneā€ so thatā€™s my hope.

Will I wait another month? Yes.
Do I want to? Not at all.

do any insiders know whatā€™s happening?

Per this link, we should be notified today https://apply.berkeley.edu/counselor/freshman_decision_guide.pdf
However, with so many crazy things happening at the moment, I presume their office is closed so they may need more time to decide stuff.

i had submitted an inquiry form the other day and berkeley emailed me back may 29th saying: ā€œall waitlist decisions will be finalized by june 1st.ā€ iā€™m technically an appealer who only mentioned appeals in my question but nonetheless thatā€™s the only answer they gave me.

@jamesNoa Theyā€™ve been working from home. So, riots and protests isnā€™t going to make a difference in the timing.

so that means we should get something today for sure

also, for those of you who follow @caladmissions on instagram, they just posted on their story that due to technical errors, transfer admits have until tomorrow 11:59pm to make a decision. not sure if that means waitlists/appeals will get a decision after that.

so itā€™s 3 pm; anything?

nothing for me

same

@atharmony I think youā€™re right. Transfers are part of the equation and if their SIR deadline has been extended by a day (generally on June 1 to June 2), then I think its safe to assume Cal will not reply to waitlist and appeal applicants till then.

So we can expect a reply day after tomorrow?

I was checking the Appeal Thread even though I am waitlisted and somebody said ā€œSo due to the Email they sent to all waitlist applicants, that the date has been extended, we are anticipating that we will still have to wait longer for appeals, correct?ā€.

Did any of you get an email saying that it has been extended.?

i did not