**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Congrats to everyone who got in! Although I didn’t get in, this was a good journey and this forum was always fun to go to (albeit it made me anxious at times lol). Good luck to everyone at whichever colleges you will be going to!

I’m just wondering why I haven’t been rejected yet

I think they will send out the rejections in the next day or so.

anybody else get off waitlist, or did they only take one person

And is that one person who got in not even going to Berkeley?

Global Edge has been suspended for 2020 http://globaledge.berkeley.edu/ and only one new member on the UCB Appeal page says they got in on appeal. So, the veracity of the two reported acceptances is questionable.

I GOT IN!!

@akjerae1 - congrats!!! are you IS or OOS and what major?

A couple people got in off appeal—one on Reddit and another Reddit+CC user. The question is whether or not they’ll release more positive decisions soon or not.

Waitlists are in a very odd position as well, with deadline now being July 1st. Who knows what’s going to happen at this point? Surely, not me.

Anyone still waiting for CoE? I’m wondering if they are still accepting people for those majors or they will reject us all at the end :frowning: Please Berkeley, if there’s still some hope, I’d still go if all classes were online or if enrollment was deferred

@kash123 IS economics

Same as me but I didn’t get decision yet lol

The options I have is Global Edge or starting in January. FPF is full. But if Global Edge is canceled, then I guess I only have the option of starting in January?

But it still allows me to choose Global Edge as an option. So if I choose that do you think they’ll let me start in the fall?

This is an interesting situation. I asked the successful Appealers what their situation looks like.

They might somehow merge GEs into regular freshman seats, or they might push everyone back to January. It’s unknown at the moment and it might be worth asking someone from Admissions.

Can someone ask if theres gonna be any more acceptances or if theres only rejections left

wait so is that it for us? ~2.5 months of immense stress and nothing??? ugh guess it’s over for us :(((
Could there be a possibility of a 4th acceptance wave? Eh, honestly, at this point I just want my rejection so I can register for my classes at the school I committed w/o any stress.

And herein lies the funk, brother.
We have no idea what happens next :))))) waitlist or appeals :)))))))))

I am not gonna assume anything till I get an email or notification from Berkeley that the class is full.

Can whoever got the inside info figure out the possibility of a 4th wave?