**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

In-state - I don’t think we’ll hear back as in-state till after May 1

Yeah, like mentioned before I think they are trying to fill up with OOS and International students who would be willing to pay full tuition. I think in-state will still receive some good news and we can’t let one email make us go crazy. We’ll know when our decision comes when Berkeley releases it, which is hopefully May 7th. These times are really difficult and no one knows what to expect especially these institutions as they have never prepared for something like this before. Although, we would like some sort of sign the only thing we can do is wait unfortunately.

did anyone else that is fpf oos receive the email?

@eagerundergrad2 @homosapiens @separatelayer @collegeappacc @hopefulacademic @kash123 Yes, my son received the email it too. In-state. The reason he received it is because he went to the fpf.berkeley.edu page and filled out the very short “Learn More” section. He did this a few weeks ago. I don’t think this has anything to do whether or not if you’re being considered for the program. It is simply an email blast to those who signed up on the FPF site. @eagerundergrad2 did you fill this out? It takes like 5 seconds and you may not even recall doing it.

@scrambro - was this required for fpf applicants to fill out that form or was this just an informational thing?

@scrambro Yes, I put my full name and email.

In state. Did not hear back yet. So much anxiety rn.

I am oos and same here I am really anxious. I think the fpf “learn more” thing that was alluded to was just an informational thing for fpf. I don’t believe it has any effect on admission purposes.

When you visit the FPF website, there’s an option to receive more information by filling out your email. It’s not required, just an option if you want more info

@kash123 correct. Not required for FPF. Just information. They are having info sessions all week long during Cal Week. here the gist of the email:

Thank you for your interest in the Fall Program for Freshmen (FPF). We want to invite you to join us at our online Cal Week events happening this week!

https://fpf.berkeley.edu/events

The shoes are starting to drop–CSU Fullerton announced today that Fall will be online. And UCSC just sent an email to all admitees offering deferrals. Virtual classes in Fall + liberal deferrals = abysmal Fall 2020 yield. Schools are going to be going very deep into their waitlists.

Oh man that really sucks :frowning: I’ve pretty much accepted online college in the Fall but I hope we can come together for the Spring semester. I’m surprised they’ve already announced it, wondering when other UCs will start.

Also, anyone attending any of the FPF info sessions? I wonder if they’ll have any inside scoop on waitlists. Does anyone who’s not on the waitlist get offered FPF? like admitted student?

@homosapiens We watched the first one. It’s pretty quick, then a Q and A with former FPF students. If you’re really open to it, you should check it out. My son sent an email to them about WL, and they don’t really have any say as to who gets in.

“The percentage of FPF students who are waitlisted fluctuates somewhat from year to year. However, FPF typically has space available through the first few weeks of May when waitlisted students are able to select their First Year Pathway. Our program does fill on a first-come, first-served basis, but we have been able to welcome many students from the waitlist in past years.”

Just got the FPF mail, looks like there’s no indication of admissions related to this email. As long as you asked for more info you’ll get the email. Thanks @scrambro

@jaffa1 When you say “Schools are going to be going very deep into their waitlists,” do you mean that they are probably going to accept more people off the waitlist this year? Benefitting all of us?

I attended the 7:10pm Webinar today and it was very helpful in answering any questions I had regarding the program. Someone did ask when to expect waitlist decisions but they have no information since they are separate from admissions.

WELP! Here’s something else to obsess over: I don’t have an IG account, but I have been checking in on the UCB class of 2024 page. It is for COMMITTED freshman only. It is hardly the entire freshman class; there are only about 550 posts on it. The majority of the students are in-state and in the college of L & S. HOWEVER, I have noticed that the total number of posts has been DECREASING slowly. It was at around 560, maybe as recently as last night. Now it stands at 549. So, if you’d like to see who is going to Cal next year, (and root for them to decommit :neutral: ), check this out IG, at ucbclassof2024

(also, I see that a lot of students are looking for or already have roommates. That is totally different from when I was there. It was totally random. reminder that I am a parent of a WL kid and alum, Cal '95)

@scrambro Very interesting to see. I hope we start seeing some form of movement soon this wait is killing me! 9 more days till May 1 I hope they don’t keep us waiting much long after that. I go back and forth between I have a very slim chance since I’m in-state and well maybe I have a shot since since not all of OOS will commit…I hope it works out for all of us either way

To give us all a sense of the waitlist pool, what are all your guy’s major?

I think I applied Psychology