**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Do y’all think it will go 100% online?

Most likely in my opinion, since berkeley is semester system.

What % of students do y’all estimate will take gaps/withdraw if it goes online? Know anyone?

When do you think they would plan to announce that tho? Like mid-june?

No printer just fax.

Aye if you’re looking to communicate better/faster. Click on my username and msg me for a discord invite. slower posting all the time in a thread.

I got an email at 4:00 p.m. saying I was inadvartently presented with a wrong number of enrollment pathways, and that I can now enroll in fpf if I wish to do so. I enrolled.

@Rarecreature101

Did u see a counter next to fpf?

@collegeappacc Yes

@Rarecreature101 how many spots were left when you SIR’d?

Is it just me or does anyone else also think Berk is over enrolling for fpf at this point?

@GoldenBoy95 without a shadow of a doubt they are. Would also explain why they didnt act on a single withdrawal

I think what might have happened was that someone dropped out from UCB (maybe since they got into another school) allowing for a reopening of spots. One of my friends left cal for a private a couple of days ago so it’s possible.

If there is no traditional spot left…why CoE waitlist is extended to end of June…confused.

Just in case Trump prevents internationals from coming to the states for like 1-2 years. Students may not want to continue being at cal since they would have to still pay as if they were here in person - then Cal would take US ppl off the waitlist to replace them.

Just to let u know that these are my assumptions

@ucb797 CoE is approximately 30% international and some other percent OOS. Perhaps they are anticipating those numbers to decrease when they announce their plans for fall 2020 instruction, which is likely in mid-June. That is my theory for why they’re keeping everyone on the waitlist, including CoE, cuz anything can happen.

@jamesNoa , @strawtree Thanks

If international and oos numbers decrease, they would just take off more oos and internationals right. So its kinda over for in states?

Tbh I think so unfortunately

The whole reason they extended the waitlist is in case internationals can’t come to the US. If they can’t come, then why would they accept more of them??

If intls can’t come they would have to make up that number and the money lost and the only way they could do that is just enrolling more oos. This is just my interpretation but I could be wrong.