**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@strawtree you got a link?

@strawtree - can you link the thread that you got this information from cuz I highly doubt that it is true. If anything it may have been a transfer that got in since Berkeley did have a transfer wave last week.

I made a comment but apparently CC needs to check it out to make sure it’s viable and then they will post it
But I just went on Reddit and searched for UCB waitlist and I saw the post
You guys can try doing that too - sry for not being able to send the link lol

lol its ok but can you at least tell us the name of title discussion cuz there are so many results that pop up under that search. I am just curious to see if it was a freshman or a transfer

@strawtree I too was one of the doubters, but I found the post, and the guy admits it was bait in the comments.

Sorry for doubting lol, but tbh doubt this is real.

Edit: the guy admitted in the comments he was baiting

Hey Everyone! Hope you are all doing well. A relative works for admissions for a different school and mathematically speaking we all have a 98.5% chance of not getting sadly): I know this hurts but I think its time we all tried and moved on and just get out of this waitlist and go to other schools. Its messed how they have us waiting like this.

@Miklo4545 not to be rude or anything, but how does that apply to us if it’s a different institution? also, imo if we came this far, i think we’re all well aware of the odds stacked against us. but i do agree that we should spend our time focusing on the schools we are currently going to as that will be the school we will probably be going to lol

does anyone here have any insiders lol

@nitwittttttt the reason i said that is because throughout this thread there are numbers with spaces left in this process, there are also #’s for the kids who are still going to come regardless of this pandemic. My realative who is a admissions person for another high end school worked the #’s out for me. So thats how they apply. They took the #’s from here. And if you are well aware of the odds stacked against you im pretty sure youd like the# of just how stacked against you they are. I mean no disrespect just responding to the statements in your post.

@Miklo4545 - I honestly don’t think anyone needed to hear what you wanted to say. Berkeley hasn’t taken anyone off yet this whole month other than the people on the transfer wl and in the LiveChat they had mentioned multiple times that they may extend the freshman wl past June 30 into early July. Also, every college is different and Berkeley is big on international students tho this year may be different due to the travel ban and the usual summer melt. I think everyone still waiting has a decent chance.

My little bro just had a change in financial need (aid not needed any more), and had a couple other EC updates. Can he send a short update letter? If so, to who/where would he send it? Thanks!

@kash123 what @Miklo4545 said may not be what anyone wanted to hear, but it is true. This far in, there is no way everyone still stands a ‘decent’ chance. We should all just move on, and know that whatever happens is for the best.

best of luck to everyone

Everyone brace for impact.

@Sisternight Are we confirmed for today?

It is supposed to be today or tomorrow

I’ll bet $20 I’m getting rejected

I’ll bet $2000 I’m getting rejected

i think it’s coming tomorrow. someone asked in the ao chat and they said it’ll either come tomorrow or the day after.

i’m really freaking anxious tho. i can’t stop thinking about it