**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Just wanted to update the times. The times are different for this coming week of july 13th - starting at 9 am Monday.

@Faithabove what times?

Looks like UCB changed the times of the chat back to 1:00 - 4:00 Pacific Time for the 13th, 14th, 15th. Best of luck and blessings to all on your future journeys, wherever it may take you!

do you think thereā€™s a chance wl decisions will get extended again?

@nitwittttttt pretty sure a more appropriate question is is there a chance weā€™ll actually get decisions this time lol

They have ICE and stuff and fully remote chance looking high, thatā€™s an excuse for em to extend lol

Iā€™m so nervous. I am waiting on UVaā€™s WL and this one. Neither of them closed. I wish I had a good in state school lol. Berkeley is hard for IS/OOS but UVa has a huge IS pref. Gl everyone!

With the ICE stuff and seeing as though Berk took same amount as usual, I think most kids will egt in. My friend got off for nuclear engineering I think 1 week ago, and he said he didnt post on CC but he saw a couple Nuc Eng posts. I hope the other engineering majors and L/S get filled soon!

The hearing for the Harvard and MIT challenge to the new federal rules that would revoke the visas of foreign students studying entirely online this fall is set for Tuesday. By Wed (July 15) the government is requiring schools to certify that students are taking in-person classes to meet the visa requirements. So, I doubt weā€™ll hear back from UCB until the outcome of tomorrowā€™s hearing and the passage of July 15th.

Oh great. I was looking forward to finally hearing back. @Camlian is it confirmed that the lawsuit will be over tomorrow, and is it likely ICEā€™s directive will be reversed tomorrow?

Iā€™m not writing this to make you guys more anxious. So donā€™t read if you donā€™t want to. I donā€™t want to alarm any of you but phase 1 for class enrollment for freshman starts July 16 at 1:00 pm for Cal and July 14th for all the transfers. If they still have not released decisions by then, it might be difficult for everyone who still has not received a waitlist decision to have a class schedule they would want.

@frackinwaitlist yeah theyā€™re prolly gonna saddle us with terrible classes. Thankfully thereā€™s a lot of Cal classes that expand to fill, I heard 61A was doing that. So not all hope is lost for classes lol

@frackinwaitlist

I thought most of the admitted students were offered for Spring Start.

As much as I do not want them to extend the wl again, I think this is what is gonna happen. The whole ICE thing came in kinda late and now Berkeley has to adjust their enrollment and make changes to some classes especially now that they are mostly online. While this may be a reckless idea, why not just let the whole WL in. At this point in time many people have moved on or withdrew and even if Berkeley offers them admission, some probably still wonā€™t go. This could help those who really want to go. It is highly unlikely that this ICE thing gets resolved anytime soon so why not just replace the intls with whoever is in the WL.

berkeley could let me in 2 days before iā€™m supposed to start at my state school and iā€™d accept haha. i think everyone getting in is a little over optimistic but i hope all of us who would accept get offers this week or next. brace for august 1st in case they push it back but hope for this week.

@harrisonfedor see the thing is thereā€™s quite a few people like you, but even personally, because of all the waiting and inconvenicence itā€™s harder to give up your SIRā€™d university youā€™ve fallen spent so much time researching. I know atleast a few others who think the same way. Berkeley will just have significantly lower yield at this point and waiting is hurting them.

Trump admin just rescinded to restrictions on international students. Looks like this is what Berkeley was waiting for. I expect to see a rejection sometime soon.

Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/judge-to-hear-arguments-in-challenge-to-foreign-student-rule?fbclid=IwAR2j65ohTFxT15qpzHl3SVaMx1q7LwWH4VQhlrtRlZiA8CJ1qUNFeO6xePg

AOs in chat said that we will most likely get our decision tomorrow. If not, weā€™ll get it by the end of this week.

@nitwittttttt Did they say that explicitly?

Are you guys expecting a high percentage of the waitlist to get off or is it probably just gonna be mostly rejections?

@xtanyax

Q: ā€œWill freshmen also only be reviewed by the end of the month?ā€
A: ā€œNo we plan to release freshmen waitlists likely tomorrow. if not sometime this weekā€