**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@scrambro omg ur instagram class of 2024 page quote scares me because I’m in-state L&S wanting to major in data science 0-0

@collegeappacc I’d say with 100% certainty that the emails from FPF are meaningless in terms of an admissions standpoint. You will get an offer from the admissions people who review your app and WL supplementals, right? I don’t think there would be a connection to FPF from admissions unless YOU select it as a pathway and initiate that relationship.

@Cupcakes833 I know right?! Sorry about bringing it up. My son is in-state L&S Anthropology. One thing to consider is that IG is more a U.S. thing than international, so a lot of international students may not have accts. (There are some, however). Berkeley is 70% in-state. I’d say that the amount of posts on the IG page are 80% in-state. Let’s just hope that ALL enrollments are down, that would help everyone on here.

I’m curious to hear your guy’s thoughts on this: Do you think that it’ll be easier for an in-stater (or anyone really) to get off a waitlist for a “lesser known” UC like UC Davis or maybe even UC Irvine (I genuinely know nothing about UCI I just happen to also be on their waitlist)compared to one of the greater UCs like Cal and LA since OOS/International students are less likely to consider UCs which aren’t in big cities or “better known”? I know Cal has the greatest and most consistent history with waitlist acceptance but I’m trying to be open to all possibilities since I have lots of very different UCs waitlisted I was hoping to get off at least one of the mid-tiers. I wish we could just know already oh man

@Cupcakes833 Don’t worry just take it all with a grain of salt think of it this way – only <600 people have posted and if Cal’s class is around 6000, that’s only 10% of the class and you’d assume most of those were in-state L/S anyways since most of Cal’s class is in-staters.

@WaitlistBoy Ayyy I’m planning on committing to Vandy for now too… did you apply to CoE at Berkeley?

POLL QUESTION:
whether you are in-state or OOS, are you (or your parents ) willing to pay FULL TUITION for a complete semester (or more!) of online learning? There won’t be an housing costs, but Berkeley ain’t discounting tuition.

I would do it.

In-state and yes, that is fine.

Yes for in-state tuition

Yeah I’m in-state and I would be willing to pay full tuition.

Just saw on Reddit that UCDavis started pulling from their waitlist today. I bet Cal won’t till May 4.

My D is out of state and paying for online at the OOS clip is adding alcohol to a gaping wound.

Yes for out of state

Yes, in-state for bio

yes, OOS (intl)

yes for oos

yes in state

Yes. In-state as well.

yes, in state

So you guys are predicting May 4th for the first wave?

I’m in-state political science. that’s the fifth political science major on this thread out of 15 who said their major, that seems disproportionately large. I wonder if that is something to worry about for the poli sci majors.