**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@scrambro: Yes, you could call it a “glorified” Spring or deferred enrollment. Since the UC’s rarely defer enrollment for the following Fall and only a few campuses take Spring applicants, for students that are focused on getting into UCB, then these alternatives are the best way for them to achieve that goal. It is a choice and waitlisted applicants are not bound to take the admission offer.

Thank you for making this thread!

Should I still report my first-semester grade if I only received a 4.6 gpa? I’m kind of afraid that it’s too low admissions might question my academic abilities but it’s because my AP’s this are very rigorous and I needed to juggle it with college applications. Do you think they will be understanding?

Should we write a letter of continued interest in addition to do waitlist essay?

u serious rn bruh

@phatdoggo: Your 1st semester senior grades are fine so report them. They also consider HS course rigor.

LOCI’s are not a consideration in any of the UC’s application review. By submitting your waitlist essay, you are showing interest in the school.

Hello, everyone!

I got waitlisted at both UC Berkeley and UCLA, which were a surprise to me because my SAT scores were below their 25th percentile (I was bracing myself for a flat-out rejection). Fortunately, I was given this unique opportunity to prove myself again.

Anyways, in the waitlist opt-in form, do I have to upload my unofficial transcript AND list out all my grades for the Fall semester? Or can I just do one of them?

@Gumbymom It’s me again. I am so sorry.

On the waitlist letter I received, it asked me to indicate the preferred first-year pathway. I was just checking out the FPF and the Global Edge program and it seems to me that neither of these is for CoC students. Should I just exclude this part in my essay?

Thank you so much for answering my questions!!!

I searched that UCB waitlist is not ranked. But is it true that all waitlist students are broken down to each college category like L&S, College of Engineering and so forth? If any spot opens in these colleges then waitlist in this college category will be admitted but not for other college category. Is my understanding correct?

For the waitlist form, how should I input grades? The form has options for spring, winter, and fall grades, but I just have my first semester grades. Also, is inputting a file of ur transcript enough? Thanks!

@collegecueen I am no expert, but I’ve read some of these threads from the past, and it appears that @Gumbymom has stated that you should EITHER upload a transcript showing your final grades from the most recent COMPLETED semester/trimester/Qtr, OR you can manually input them (Don’t do both). She does NOT advise inputting course that are in progress with no final grades.

Hello everyone!

I was wondering how difficult is it to get off of the waitlist as an international student applying for EECS? I have read in multiple places that people say it is almost impossible because everyone who gets admitted enrolls. However, data from Cal Answers apparently says roughly 45% enroll from initial admission. Would this not mean there are 55% of seats available to waitlisted students?

Here is the website I used to get this data: https://rkwan.me/blog/ucb-eecs-lscs-admissions

Does anyone know if you put that you are willing to do FPF if they can still offer you admission in the traditional pathway? I would be willing to do it if it were my only option but I would rather be on the traditional pathway. Thank you.

@“armaan.agwl” : the flaw in your thinking is that UCB admits far more students than enroll so if their historical yield for EECS is 45%, then they have met their target and will not take anyone off the waitlist.

@user7050501: Yes it is possible to select FPF but get the traditional pathway. Odds are not great but still possible.

@collegecueen @scrambro: You can input grades and also submit your transcript. You will not be penalized for doing both, but I would only report what is actually on the transcript so if you only have fall grades, then report/send those.

anyone knows how many waitlist UCB sent out for class of 2024? I heard due to the virus colleges are giving many more waitlist offers which means waitlist admission rate will be much lower if that is true.

My daughter did not log into her UCB account and totally missed that she was supposed to send in official scores. She was going off the UC app site only. She ordered them and they were submitted 2 weeks late and she was accepted.

Strange update: My son submitted his transcript and his essay yesterday. Today on the MAP@UCBERKELEY portal, there are two new things.
1)there is now a functioning “upload materials” box right in the portal, and it shows that his unofficial transcript with final term grades has been uploaded. ( this is not that strange)
2)The “4 address” glitch is present, meaning that it shows 2 identical mailing addresses and 2 identical permanent addresses.
For those of you who have read last years waitlist board, the 4 address glitch is mentioned a lot.

Has anyone who has opted in seen this change? Sorry, there is nothing to do at home except to obsess over this

@scrambro nothing for me, but I did not submit my stuff yet. Do you think that could be the reason? I have not sent any transcripts either, or completed my opt in.

Has anyone called Berkeley and asked how many admits/WL offers there were this year? I think someone had did that last year and gotten the info

@collegeappacc Most likely once you submit your materials, and officially opt-in, you will see the change. As for your second question, no my son hasn’t called yet. I have only seen this sheet (below) in reference to any 2020 data. Not much new info.

https://www.ucop.edu/institutional-research-academic-planning/_files/factsheets/2020/table-1.1-freshman-applications-by-campus-and-residency.pdf