**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@imaxraftrsav1 – FPF will likely continue unaffected, as online instruction is possible for it.

GEL maybe they are worried abt

Do you think they started to read our waitlist essays yet?

I’m making a bold prediction that UCB will release its first wave within the next two days. I just feel like if other UCs and other top public schools have already released some of their waitlist decisions then why would UCB wait till the normal deadline

I really do hope so. I was just admitted today into UCSD as an in state, comm major off of the waitlist. Im hoping UCB follows this trend as Berkeley is my top choice

@phatdoggo I feel like they have definitely started reading essays…They can predict from trends how many people they will need to accept from the waitlist this year because they can look at the number of in-state/OOS/international students who were committed at this time last year and compare it to the number of people who have committed so far this year, and that will give them a good idea of how many people to admit from each department even before May 1. There are probably a few thousand of us on the waitlist, so it will take a while to read everything. I really hope they have already made a lot of decisions and are planning to release them sooner than usual!! I’m getting really anxious seeing all of the UCs release waitlist decisions except UCB! The thought that they may have already made admission decisions for some of us is nerve-wracking but exciting.

UCSD’s waitlist was released today?

@imaxraftrsav1 Yeah, I received on offer from the waitlist about an hour ago as an in state applicant, so I’m not really sure how any of the schools are managing their waitlists haha

@aaronruizx congrats on UCSD! Question (if you don’t mind). Are you located in NorCal or SoCal?

@scrambro Im in SoCal!

I did some research and it looks like the last time Berkeley released any waitlist decisions before May 1 was in 2016. So it’s not like they have never done it before! But it has definitely been a while. Fingers crossed.

What day was their release?

@imaxrafrrsav In 2016 it was either April 22nd or 23rd…

Also, does anyone happen to know if, for the past few years, there has been a pattern about which day of the week Berkeley releases waitlist decisions on? Likeee is it always on a Friday or is it just random? (I just chose Friday randomly…I have no clue what days the waitlist acceptances have been sent out on in the past)

@hotcheetos33 For the past two year’s its been on May 7th I believe. However, in 2018 it was a monday and last year it was a tuesday. I’m not really sure when we should expect a decision but most likely Tuesday (because it was tuesday last year), Thursday (because its the 7th), or Friday of next week (because it’s a Friday and I read somewhere that they release them on the first Friday’s of May.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong about the 2018 decision it was either then or on a Friday. We could be surprised and get results earlier but I don’t think that will be the case!

My life’s been a trainwreck over the past few weeks. I could really use some good news fast. I don’t know if I can take another L.

Hopefully they release it today. It will probably be 3:00 pm PST if they do. If not we still have 2 more days until we have to submit our SIR. I honestly don’t want to pay the deposit if I have a chance to get into Cal. I don’t want FPF either because it forces you to pay extra for classes that are mostly going consist of waitlisted people since most of the accepted ones already went for the traditional pathway. According to my friend, there are 697 spots for FPF which probably means that people who selected FPF on the waitlist will most likely get it, and the one who didn’t might get away with the traditional pathway.

I really hope it can come out today… Most of my friends already got off waitlist from UCLA, UCSB, UCSD, UCSC…etc

Exactly! Most of the UC schools have already started sending acceptances…So we all know that UCLA, UCSB, UCSD, and UCSC have been accepting from the waitlist. Have Irvine and Davis also started? I’m just curious if there are any other UCs that still haven’t started or if it’s just Berkeley.

Nvm I just checked and I can confirm that Irvine and Davis have also been accepting from the waitlist…Berkeley is the only UC left!!

Guess Berkeley is just the most special one!

Does anyone know if there will be any portal changes prior to the release of decision?? (Or any indication if u r accepted or not)